1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I have Aspergers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Koizee, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Koizee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So these last 2 years I've been questioning a lot, there's my sexuality of course but I've also been questioning my mental disorders. Ever since I was born I've had trouble communicating normally, I remember so many times that my friends told me how weird I was when talking and that I would behave weirdly (Look around at everything except the person talking, seem distracted, respond in a strange pitch, etc.) I remember in Elementary I was constantly bullied and avoided for my impulsivity, extreme sensitivity and my unawareness of myself. After this I developed a strong social anxiety that I still have today. Whenever I try to get over my social anxiety and talk to people I end doing something weird without realizing it (Or so people tell me). I cant socialize normally like other people do.
    My entire life I've known I have anxiety disorder, and that is what I have always blamed my strange behavior on.
    So what are your guy's opinions? Does it sound like Aspergers, or am I just looking for answers where there are none?

Other symptoms of Aspergers that I have: poor coordination, social Isolation, really fidgety, very little interest in most topics and things

#1 Koizee, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends.

There's a lot more to aspergers besides socializing. Very little interest in most topics and things? If anything It's the reverse- aspies are way too interested in some topics to the point it becomes awkward. They go on and on and on about things, and tend to have one sided conversations. They have a need for routine and repetition, will get very upset if they have to deal with changed plans. They have sensory processing disorder too usually, being touched or seeing bright lights will feel more intense, and at times, even physically painful. They have low cognitive understanding of people's emotions and many will need to be bluntly told if someone is feeling something straight out.

It's possible that you just have social anxiety, as even social anxiety makes proper socialization awkward. Aspergers is over diagnosed, it exists, but includes more things than someone thinks.

3. Koizee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks, Aspergers didn't quite make sense concerning the little interest in topics. However i'm still not sure if its social anxiety that effects my troubles with communicating, as I've had the issue my entire life, and Ive only had social anxiety these last few years.

4. Raini

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Every aspie is different, but:
    Do you have a higher than average IQ?
    Do you have very specific interests?
    Have you been told that you make little eye contact?
    Do you have a mental disorder (most aspies have a mental disorder, most commonly OCD or ADHD)?
    Do you have certain sensitivities, e.g. certain materials make your skin sore?
    Do you get more irritable or anxious in places that are crowded, e.g. shops?
    Do you dislike change in your routines, e.g. not attending a club one week that you've been going to for ages?
    Have you had/Do you have problems with motor skills, e.g. tying your shoelaces, holding a knife and fork correctly?

Hopefully this may be able to give you some indication :slight_smile:

#4 Raini, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  5. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Damn. Maybe i'm autistic.