I need coming out advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by InTheShadows752, Jul 11, 2017.

1. InTheShadows752

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am currently out to nobody. I am just not sure completely if I'm lesbian. I want to be with a girl. But it's weird for me especially since I'm "the middle child" My parents are really accepting people it's just I'm scared to be rejected I guess if that's the word to use. I just want to know if I should stay to myself though but I've heard its fun out of the closet.

2. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is no benefit to staying in the closet, and it is significantly nicer to actually get to date people and just not have to hide things from people more than normal. So once you have yourself figured out you should probably just go for it if your parents have no problems with LGBT people.

3. InTheShadows752

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

I just am still questioning myself. I just don't know if it's good to be out right now. I want to be in a relationship in the future. But I just don't want them to start saying I'm "confused" plus I don't know if their the type of people to say they are OK with Lgtb people then freak out when their daughter comes out.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I understand your concerns. My dads brother is gay but I was still terrified to tell my parents I was gay. I think if they are generally accepting of LGBT people it is unlikely that they will have an issue with it even if they are a little shocked to begin with. There is some information on the PFLAG website, maybe if you want to tell them you could download some of that and give it to them at the same time to help them understand.
    I think it's nice to be out to someone be that a friend or your parents just so you have the start of a support network whilst you figure things out but if you don't feel ready there is no pressure to do it now it is entirely up to you.

5. InTheShadows752

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Yeah I don't know if I'm ready yet. I just feel safe from the homophobes in the closet. I just still want to hang out with my friends and have my parents not think I'm checking them out or whatever. I am going to tell my friends just not yet.

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's fine. You will know when you are ready.