1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fluctuating feelings

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Senpai25, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Senpai25

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Even though I have just recently started a thread titled "At Peace" discussing my gender identity and orientation, I have realized that how I perceive myself keeps changing. I the past I have felt like a Demigirl, then cis and so on. I have realized that I no longer feel comfortable identifying as LGBTQ and would like to continue my life moving forward without labels. However, I still want to remain a part of EC. I feel that this will allow me to be much happier even though I may not be on here as much.

2. Mollyismyname

I feel ya. Life without labels started out as terrifying to me. I read this article https://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2016/05/23/imagining-a-world-without-sexual-orientation/ and felt better afterwards.

When I tell people I don't want to label my sexuality, they imedeatly look at me as an attention whore. Why can't you just say bisexual? But no, I'm kinda the opposite. I don't think people's private sexual and romantic desires should be translated into an identity that everyone else should know. I think it's a rather weird way to look at that. I mean, no one calls themselves "brunettesexual" and then goes into an identity-crisis if they get attracted to a blonde.

3. Senpai25

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is very interesting. However I may perceive myself, I just want to be me going forward. I can be me this way but not get involved with things in a way that makes things uncomfortable.

4. Senpai25

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My preferences won't change though.

5. Senpai25

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Then again, maybe this is just me overthinking things. I'm going to keep my label for now.

#5 Senpai25, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  6. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chill, whatever you are, it's okay :slight_smile:

It's normal that the way you perceive your self changes. Competely.

Even some cis straight people hang out in LGBT+ spaces, so feel free to participate.

7. Senpai25

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Actually. I've come to the realization that my being a Demigirl and Bisexual are all truly who I am. Most unfortunately, I feel like the fluctuations mostly come from the influence of my parents. No matter what changes, I always revert back to being who I am. I hate being stuck in this limbo and waiting to fully me.

8. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That happens a lot to people.

Yup, waiting is awful, I feel you. Same here *waves hand*

#8 Mihael, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Senpai25 likes this.
  9. Senpai25

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It feels good to know that we are not alone in this context though. I am not in a position to do much at the moment, but I will take advantage of the first feasible opening I get.

Mihael likes this.
  10. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If that makes you feel better, I also had this problem with distinguishing others' expectations about how I should identify and express my gender and what was actually me. I kept on being confused whether I'm a trans guy or non-binary or what, it didn't leave me at peace, something was always wrong. I talked with a trans woman who's much older than I am and with whom I have good contact, and yeah, that helped clarify things. Others would want me to identify as non-binary, because the society keeps on insisting on the importance of what is down there. In the forums, I've seen plenty of people going through the same.

The waiting... it's just draining. I had to wait the whole June, because I had exams, and I almost passed away, lol. It got me so nervous... If you really want to do something, or have some burning need, action is relief, and waiting... blah. It makes me go nuts, personally, and drains me.

Best of luck!