1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a Demisexual and either Bi or Lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sara lesbi, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Sara lesbi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im a demisexual which makes it hard for me to tell if I actually like men...I have been in one relationship with a girl. How do I know if I like men too?

2. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you feel some attraction to males, then you're probably bi. Either way, I always say that if you're not sure, don't worry about finding a label! Just live your life and fall in love with whoever you fall in love with.

#2 dyl pickle, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you imagine yourself in a relationship with a guy how does that make you feel?

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets! One thing to think about would be whether you have had any attractions to guys/men or if you ever were in a situation where you couldn't keep your eyes off a guy or felt you wanted to be closer to the person.

When it comes to attaching a label, it might be worthwhile not trying to do that at this point. Not attaching a label to your attractions/feelings might give you more freedom as it were to explore things.

5. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You do not need a label to define yourself. I know that many people (including myself when I came out) find security in identifying with a specific label. Maybe try the 'queer' label and see how it fits for now.
    I should also tell you that there is a difference between romantic, sexual, and emotional attraction. You can be attracted to men but have no interest in them. Every so often I find a cis man physically attractive but I experience no sexual attraction to them. Do you want to sleep with men? Do you fantasize about them? If yes, then you are probably bi. If not, then you could be a lesbian.
    As a side note, many lesbians are actually strongly leaning bisexual women. For instance, if they consider themselves 70% gay then bisexuals tend to label themselves as lesbians.

6. Sealgirl19

I'm the exact same way but I dated two guys. Honestly since dating them my attraction to women has grown stronger. It was something I knew as a kid but didn't recognize until adulthood because of fear. Right now I'm still afraid of finding a girlfriend because of family and insecurity.