1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tonsil Problems

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by taken, Jul 7, 2017.

1. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I am 27 and in the past 3-4 years I've been getting tonsil stones. (it could've been happening before this but I noticed it around then). Recently, I feel like they have gotten worse in my right tonsil. It has been constantly enlarged but not painful. I few weeks ago I pressed on the roof of my mouth right by my tonsil and a bunch of stones and pus came out from what appeared to be behind my tonsil. Now I've been getting pus pockets on my tonsil. I can press on them with a Q-tip and the pus comes out easily. Again, it never really hurts at all. Has anyone else had these issues, and any tips to help this out? I brush at least twice a day, floss after I eat, and use mouth wash at least once a day. I don't know what to do, but it causes some bad breath and a bad taste in my mouth sometimes and I would like for that to go away.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you checked the situation with your doctor? In some cases, no treatment is needed, but, if you are reporting that the situation is getting worse, it may be worth to talk to your doctor about it.

3. J4yy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I had issues like this until I got my tonsils taken out (for another reason) one thing I found that really helped clean them up was to rinse with warm salt water twice a day after you brush your teeth. But I would advise going to the doctor to make sure tht this isn't part of a bigger problem.

#3 J4yy, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  4. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard all the horror stories that having your tonsils removed as an adult is dangerous... is that true??

5. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't talked to my doctor about it. It's hard for me to get an appointment at the exact moment that I notice there's a problem. I don't know if they would really see the situation if it's not at a "flare up" moment

6. J4yy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No
    Not at all. As long as you have a good doctor do the operation and take good care of yourself afterwards, you'll be fine.