1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name and soccer situation

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by galaxythief, Jul 7, 2017.

1. galaxythief

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I'm FTM trans and I haven't found a good name yet. My birth name doesn't bring me much dysphoria so I'd like to stay close to it (maya) and to make sure it stays close to my last name (Eng). Also I'm Norwegian which is the origin of both of my siblings names so it would be nice if I did the same. If I could get suggestions that would be awesome.
    Secondly I'm 14 years old and going into high school next year. I play soccer for a premier girls team and am planning to play high school soccer as well. If anyone has experience in how they dealt with this soccer situation, please tell me.
    I'm not concerned about support or anything like that, I know both my parents are supportive as well as my friends. Just wondering how people managed to get through a sports situation while transitioning.

2. Koizee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maj is a Masculine form of Maja, which is a Norwegian name. Sorry if this isn't good, I admit your request was kind of hard

3. Koizee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    you know what imma gonna just keep looking

Found a way better one, how is Mian?

#3 Koizee, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  4. galaxythief

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the suggestion! Problem is that Mian is very very close to my brother's name (Stian) so that might be a little bit weird. But thanks so much!

5. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi! I have found a site with Norwegian names, and I'll post the link to it here. My favourite name would be Maximus or Maximilian and go by Max. I really like it. It feels like a soccer player name to me too, I don't know why.

Link: https://www.nordicnames.de/w/index.php?title=Category:Norwegian_Male_Names&pagefrom=Ma

I am unsure about the sport situation though. Being in a girls league would be difficult. Could you be in a unisex league by any chance? Would you be able to talk to your school about joining the men's soccer league once you have started transitioning? Sorry, this is all I can think of. Good luck!

-Niko

#5 Nike007, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  6. galaxythief

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks so much! Max is definitely a name I'll keep in mind.
    As far as the soccer thing goes, I may be able to join the men's league otherwise I wouldn't be able to begin transitioning until after high school unless I quit soccer altogether (soccer is a huge part of my life so that's kind of out of the question).