1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steven Universe!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ozma, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Ozma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Who on EC watches Steven Universe?

If so, put your favorite Gem, if possible, favorite song and just general thoughts, I'd love to chat about it!

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A good friend just convinced me to binge-watch this a few weeks ago. I was extremely skeptical given the subject matter and was feeling iffy on it for the first like 15 "episodes", but I ended up loving it. I think my favorite gem is probably Lapis but I can relate to most of them in one way or another. Pearl is incredibly tragic to me and I can relate to her so strongly sometimes...her song It's Over in Mr. Greg guts me.

3. TigerStripes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    About a year ago someone finally convinced me to try it, even though it's original ads made me VERY confident I wouldn't like it. I probably relate most closely with Pearl. Her songs hurt my soul. Connie also reminds me a lot of how I was when I was a kid. It's just nice that "kids" shows never touch hard topics, and "adult" shows make them all theatrical and dramatic, but Steven doesn't do either.

4. Limoriden

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I didn't really like the first episodes when I started watching it, very cringy if i have to say. But Overall I ended up liking it.

Peridot is my my favorite and my favorite song is "Its over, isnt it?" (Preferably the Gabe the dog version "its Bork, isnt it?")

5. GPotato

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love Steven universe and I can't wait to see if there is a new episode this summer. I can't decide who is my favorite character is though. I love them all.

6. SilverLining120

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I really like Steven Universe. It's probably one of my favourite shows. My favourite gem has to be Pearl just because I think she's the most interesting. She has flaws and actual depth that you wouldn't really ever see in another kids show. My favourite song has to be 'It's over Isn't it'. But i'm also starting to love 'What's the use in feeling (Blue)?'

7. RobKing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love Steven Universe. My brother and i both watch it and when we're together we sing all the songs we know the words to.
    I love most of the songs from the series but my first favorite was "Stronger Than You". I don't really have a favorite gem, it's so hard to choose. I really like Stevonnie, wish we'd see more of them.

8. GenderfluidKat7

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I love Steven Universe, mainly because of the lgbt+ stuff they sneak in there (ruby and sapphire, amethyst and pearl, amethyst and peridot, garnet and pearl, and even a theory I saw that says that rose quartz turning into steven is rose going ftm (female to male)). I also like it because of how much I can relate to the characters, and the feels of the show.