1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Period Issues

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Matto_Corvo, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the last four years my periods have been fairly predictable. They arrive a month after the last give or take a month, always lasted five days, and were never overly heavy. Then about a year ago I noticed that they started to last longer, six days then seven then eight, then it went back to five days again. And then four or five months ago I had one that stretched into twelve days. I was worried and posted on here about it, about how the it started out with brown blood that last three days before turning the usually color. After that my periods went back to somewhat normal. They lasted seven days and the flow was heavier.

This month has really become worrisome for me, though and I at a bit of a lose as of what to do. My period started about two weeks after the last one ended. Like that time a few months ago it started out brown, though there was some normal color blood mixed in. The flow was extremely light, and even when it picked up a few days later it was still on the light side. I haven't had any cramping, but I have had larger than normal blood clots. The most worrisome apart about it is that it has been going on for two and half weeks. In the last three days I had several times where I thought it had ended only to go to the bathroom later to find out that it is still there.

I know that I should probably go to a doctor, but I really don't have the money for that right now so I have been trying to wait it out.

2. Cinis

Cinis Guest

I don't know if the effects can be as extreme as what you described, but what and how much you eat etc. can have an influence on how long and often you get your period. So that could be a factor.

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really eat healthy, but over all my diet hasn't change much in the last four years. Four years ago I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease and had to cut gluten out of my diet, but if anything that actually helped them become what I associated with normale. before that it wasn't uncommon for me to have a two to three month skip in between periods.

4. imacoolkid

imacoolkid Guest

Are you stressed a lot? Have you gone through anything emotional lately, breakups, got a new job, moved et.c.? Even things that we generally consider positive can but a lot of stress on you which could alter the periods. When I got my first job I didn't have a period for almost 3 months, stuff like that just happens sometimes.

We also change as we age, periods don't stay the same throughout our lives, I think I've read somewhere that you're more prone to period cramps for example as you age (although that's individual too). It probably means nothing, the internet might scare you with cancer or some other disease but it's rare and especially if you're young. For a short period of time (maybe two months or so) I had periods every two weeks, I had never had less than 30+ days between my periods before that happened. These periods also changed in amount, colour et.c. I freaked out, went to the doctor, they ran some tests, nothing came out of it. I stopped worrying about it because the doctor said it was probably just a temporary change, and once I stopped stressing about it, it went back to normal. So if it doesn't get worse or you're starting to notice other symptoms, I think you can leave it for now.

5. Sawyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Matto, do you have PCOS? Your symptoms sound very similar to mine before I was diagnosed with it. I know you do not want to see a doctor for financial reasons, but if it is PCOS, you can have a period for a year straight. It also leads to other health complications.

6. Poppy43

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You need to go to the Drs, I thought that if you couldnt afford the Dr in the USA then there was some free treatment available?
    Please dont ignore your health, its really important.

7. OrinocoFlow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As Sawyer mentioned, the symptoms that you have described could lead to PCOS. As someone who has an extreme case of it, I highly recommend that you check in with your Dr if you suspect anything odd and particularly bothersome about your cycle. PCOS can be very punishing if you choose to ignore its symptoms.

#7 OrinocoFlow, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  8. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me it sounds normal, but you can go to the doctor if that worries you. I've been to the doctor with the same, and she told me it's normal. I was checked for everything. Other family mambers also have that kind of thing. The machinery isn't perfect, especially if you lead an irregular lifestyle, worry, get excited, excersice, work a lot... It's just... the brown thing is not period. It's bleeding. It can mean anything, but mostly stress, fatigue or other health problem.