1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Move on and forget it? (HELP, Please!)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nocturnal Lord, Jul 2, 2017.

?

Should I just forget about my best friend that chooses to ignore me?

1. Yes, if they were you're best friend, they would have replied awhile ago.

2. No, there's still a chance she will talk to you.

3. Unpredictable.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nocturnal Lord

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, a really good friend of mine; that I considered a sister to me; moved from the area. We kept in touch a lot. We always texted eachother, expressed emotions,music, talked about cute guys in our schools, snowboarding etc. Literally everything. :call_me::grinning:

We could relate alot because we experienced the same things. (We' are both bi ). And so, I lost contact with her for over a year and a few months. :iphone:

(A situation, I had to go to a treatment facility for depression, drinking issues, etc.) And, I returned home after a long wait of hoping she'd still be there for me when I came home. I tried everything to contact her. - I had her old number, texted it, once I said who I was; they woulden't respond. And I think she blocked me on social media. :disappointed:

I don't understand what I did wrong. I wasn't in control of when I was coming home, and why so many things in my life were becoming the way they were. I come home; and realize that everyone I thought was my friend's wont even talk to me, except maybe 1 really good friend of mine. But that's it.

I've been thinking about her alot lately. I recently found one of her more updated social media profiles. I sent her a message explaining that I really miss her and I don't understand why she won't talk to me. And how I just want an explanation. But she hasn't responded yet. :slight_frown:

When I went to work the other day, I stopped with my boss at this store, and I swear I seen a girl that looked almost exactly like her. (this is literally while I'm thinking about her) She quickly walked into the store as soon as I caught her staring at me while I was in the truck. But at the same time; it didn't look like her. :unamused:

After that; my heart just constantly hurts. And I don't know what to do.

All my friend's have left me, Lot's of kids think of me as that "one werid gay kid." And I feel like I have no one to talk to at all. Not a single person. And it hurts so much. I don't usually cry (because I try to not be anything feminine like, etc, long story) but I have been alot. :broken_heart:

What should I do? I'm so lost. I'm tired of being Lost. :worried:

2. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, that sounds really challenging. I'm so sorry you are going through that. If you're previous friends won't speak to you anymore, eventually you will have to try and find new people. Can you switch schools or something?

Nocturnal Lord likes this.
  3. dyates

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh mate, you've been through a lot.
    About your friend, sometimes people leave us without a reason, it's like they make a choice of moving in another direction and forget they have people depending on them that will suffer with that choice.
    If your previous friends don't talk to you, you should at least try to find some others that relate to you and that can help you. It happened to me a lot in the past... friends leaving and others not coming, but they arrive eventually.

In the meantime, you're here, try this to find someone that actually can help you.
    Talk to me if you need/want. And good luck :slight_smile:

4. Nocturnal Lord

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Actually, I'm in the process of trying to move. I'm trying to save up money for my own Truck, with a plow, so I can make more money. I'm 18; trying to either get my GED, or try to get into a school to finish my senior year someplace new. Thank you for reading my biography.

5. Nocturnal Lord

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I defiantly know what you mean. Thank you for being understanding. It really sucks when you live somewhere where there's no LGBT events or groups, when the local population here still believes its either a choice or mental disease, or a sin. It really sucks. I appreciate you being nice. I'll defiantly have to msg you. Its nice to meet new people and share experiences. Ever since she left, I haven't talked with anyone seriously in over a year. No one to trust.

6. dyates

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sure, feel free to message me :slight_smile: I'm glad to help

7. ThisLoneWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was somewhat in the same situation over the last few years. Im 21 btw. Only have one friend that seems to accept me and he barely ever comes around. Other then that i have only just now somewhat managed to get my soul mate back into my life after he disappeared for over a year with no explanation, which i never thought would happen. It is honestly soo hard to feel lonely. I can't say much to help, but i have a pretty good idea what you are going through so just want you to know i can relate. I know its hard but you do have to eventually try and make new friends to talk to. In my experience it is better to have 1 good friend who will listen and accept you then to have a lot of friends that you have to fake yourself around. I barely ever meet any lgbt people near me, & i have social anxiety so i dont really go to events very often. & if i do i dont end up meeting anyone. Most of the friends i have made are online, & its still not the same as face to face friends, but it does help me feel like people out there care about me. Again i cant say things will ever be perfect, life isnt perfect. But maybe you can try a few of the things that helped me. I hope you can hang in there for now, & things can get better. baby steps.
    & i love you're picture so much btw

#7 ThisLoneWolf, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  8. Nocturnal Lord

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I guess it's a good time to say "Welcome to the party pal" Haha. But I definatly understand what you mean. As long as you have at least one really good friend (face to face that is, in the non virtual world) that's good enough for the time being. Sometimes that's all you need. We can relate on a lot of things. Thank you. ^-^

[​IMG]

9. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Nocturnal Lord I had a similar experience about 8 years ago (when I was about 21). I was coming to terms with being gay and started drinking a lot, got really upset over a guy I was seeng (yadda yadda). Anyway, some people who had become very good friends stopped speaking to me after university. At first I was like, oh some friends they were, but now I think yes they could have stuck with me but I also know it was a lot for them to handle. I'm not sure what your friend was doing while you being treated for depression but (and this is just to be comprehensive) she may feel that she can't/couldn't handle what was going on with you. Having said that she should have responded to you message and at least tried to explain what happened. So I'm sorry your friend left you.

The advice to move on is good though. Once I stopped trying to repair something that seemed beyond it, I started to make new friends and just get on with things. I was fortunate to be staying with a new group of people - maybe you could try and make friends at work or join an activity or social group to meet new people?

You're only 18, plenty of time to make new friends (and if you can LGBTQ friends who will be more understanding). It's a really shame whats happened but don't let it overshadow your life.