1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by AntoFV, Jul 1, 2017.

1. AntoFV

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi there! My name is Antonia, I am a 26 years old straight female (or that's what I think). I was never too femenine, I always viewed myself as a pretty masculine girl, although everyone seems to disagree. Still, my mindset is pretty male like too, never worried about clothing or makeup, but loving girly things too. I never had trouble to find boyfriends, but now I've been single for a year.
    Anyways, I am comfortable being a female, but my problem is the following: I like gay men (even with me being in a relationship). Me and all my friends describe me as a gay man in the body of a girl. That's exactly what I feel I am, and it's pretty frustrating. Many could think of it as a phase or fettish, but it's much more serious than that. I wish I was a gay man, that's where I belong. I don't find pleasure in a heterosexual man, I can't even understand how a man can like a woman.
    Im very confused about this. The weird part is that even being a girl, I attract gay men. They really like me, and I've even slept with a few.
    I really don't know how to feel about this. Should I be transgender? I've been thinking about it, but I don't know how that works or if any man could like me like that.
    I seriously wish to be a male, but a gay one. How should I call myself?

2. Rdougall1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on how you feel rather than how you act. Do you feel that you were born in the wrong body? (forget what anybody else thinks)

3. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could be transgender or maybe not. This thread probably fits better at the Gender Identity and Expression here: https://forum.emptyclosets.com/index.php?forums/gender-identity-and-expression.140/

I'll give you an answer anyway. Do you really believe you were born in the wrong body? Would you transition to male if you could even with the prejudice you could be facing? Do female pronouns bother you? Doing some research and reading stories about transgender people could help you too. Well, good luck.

You don't sound lesbian to me, by the way. Straight women can be very masculine too.