1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wild music taste

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by iliketolift1, Jun 24, 2017.

1. iliketolift1

A laundry room. Pretty happy here. I think...
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Anyone else have extremely wild music tastes? By that I mean does it change in genre randomly? For example I usually listen to indie and ambient/dream pop and just generally chilled out music. Suddenly I have started liking rap (Die Antwoord in particular), its nothing like I would usually listen to. How much does your music taste vary?

2. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm all over the place with my musical tastes. I will go from listening to old Metallica one minute to some Fionna Apple the next. Some of the artists I have downloaded on my phone include:
    Pink Floyd, DMX, Leonard Cohen, 30 Seconds to Mars, Rhianna, Huey Lewis and the News, Violent Femmes, The Pixies, Five Finger Death Punch........yep I'm allllllll over the place.

3. kscurious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can go from David Bowie to Queen to Slayer to Justin Bieber videos all in one day lol

4. iliketolift1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hahaha, when I play my music in the car my mom is constantly confused as to what i'm going to play next.

5. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you use my ipod:
    Enya. Rammstein. Folk music. Beyoncé. Pseudo-medieval. Just drums (?). Psycho-trance house. Cartoon songs. Burzum. Michael Jackson. Classical. 80s' disco.

6. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Almost the opposite - used to listen to rap and some rock then started listening to pop and k-pop which felt so weird (and still does!)

7. iliketolift1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know it's a crazy feeling isn't it XD! But hey I love discovering new music so I'm not mad about liking rap now. I just have more songs to add to my ever growing playlist!

8. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah it's good to have a bigger playlist for sure - it definitely feels crazy to me - I've always felt so connected to the music I listen to - so suddenly enjoying a new genre is a really weird feeling!

Strange thing for me is I'm listening to old music less and less

9. Limoriden

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love Electro-Swing its definitely my favorite type of music, Its a bit outlandish.

One of my favorite songs

#10 Limoriden, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  10. Clinker

Clinker Guest

Like the original poster, my music taste will swap randomly. On long car journeys, listening to ipod (or simply at home on YouTube), i can from broadway musicals like Lion King and Starlight Express to something like rock or metal like Quiet Riot 'cum on feel the noize' or skillet 'monster'. Johnny Cash 'Ring of fire to some 8bit tracks of various Michael Jackson songs. Eiffel 65 'Blue (Da Ba Dee)' to Green day 'Boulevard of broken dreams'.
    Guess it depends on overall mood or what story im making in my head to keep myself entertained.

11. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like everything

12. Justinian20

I have a incredibly wild music taste, I do not like everything because that is not true(I hate homophobic artists and musicians that have homophobic lyrics)

Like if you look on my Ipod, you will see artists such as Soft Cell, Blind Guardian, Clue to Kalo, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Gay Against You, Sam Sparro, Kids on TV and Curse ov Dialect.

13. TrashyClassy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My music taste, to me, makes absolutely no sense. My main genre is Jazz/R&B. I love LOVE Amy Winehouse and Fiona Apple, but Amy is dead so any new music being releasing is extremely slimmed and Fiona takes an extremely long time releasing her albums (they always sound good though so I'm not complaining. For Rap, I only like some Eminem songs and a little bit of Logic. Other than that my music taste consists of: Slipknot, Stone Sour, Rammstein, Incubus, Silverchair, System Of A Down, RuPaul (random I know), Against Me!, and Disturbed.

14. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Opeth, Behemoth, Misfits, Korn, Paramore, Lana Del Rey, SAINTE, Hayley Kiyoko, The Birthday Massacre, CHVRCHES.

Yeah, it varies quite abit. XD

15. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love all sorts of genres. I like rock (soft, hard) and metal, but then I admit to also enjoying pop, R&B (sometimes), and techno-ish stuff. The Country genre is also one of my all time favorites, but I usually feel forced to keep that a secret due to judgments.

16. Islanzadi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep my musical tastes go all the way from heavy metal to classical music (except rap... i don't like rap apart from 2-3 songs)

17. devotions

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nice taste! Love the Violent Femmes, Cohen, & The Pixies. I'm into Pink Floyd too, but that goes without saying -- who doesn't like Pink Floyd? I have a close friend who recently went to a Metallica concert for the Hardwired to Self-Destruct tour.

Anyway, to answer the question, yeah I'd say my taste in music varies a lot. I'll listen to a lot of different things, and depending on my mood I will listen to certain things. Here's a list of artists from my Spotify:

Kraftwerk, Tame Impala, Spoon, Beach House, Neko Case, Nick Drake, Led Zeppelin, The Antlers, Neutral Milk Hotel, Young Marble Giants, CHVRCHES, The National, New Order, Jimi Hendrix, The Clash, Pink Floyd, The War on Drugs, Vampire Weekend, Cluster, Simon & Garfunkel, Suicide, Sonic Youth, Old Crow Medicine Show, Neil Young, HAIM, The Allman Brothers, Nirvana, The Swans, X-Ray Spex, Sex Pistols, The Vaselines, Iggy Pop/The Stooges, Peter, Paul & Mary, Cigarettes After Sex, Sharon van Etten, Margaret Glaspy, Tears For Fears, Q Lazzarus, Yes, LCD Soundsystem, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Sun Kil Moon, Chris Isaak, Joy Division, Elliott Smith, Grouper, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Lead Belly, Bo Diddley, Johnny Cash, and The Grateful Dead

18. iliketolift1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I absolutely adore Cigarettes After Sex. The new album is awesome!! I also love Nirvana and Margaret Glaspy!

19. iliketolift1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think im going to look at some of the other music you wrote down. You seem to have good taste!