1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I lean towards listening to Gay Music Artists

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Justinian20, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Justinian20

This is just a weird tidbit of information about me. In terms of music, I listen to a lot more LGBT artists than I listen to straight artists. Its kind of weird, now I don't tend to discriminate in music terms, I'll give anything in music a try unless the artist is homophobic(then that is a big no from me).

Thats why I tend to give most mainstream rap a miss. Like I honestly think its cute, a guy looking through my music song list would probably be like, "You've got such a cute music taste with all those gay artists."

2. Justinian20

Just as a question, who is the same, like who tends to have more LGBT music artists than other music artists. Like if I showed my collection I have 70 songs in most other genres and I have 250 songs by LGBT artists.

3. luke564

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've gone through some crazy journey, when I was young - it was rock and mainly rap - I don't know what it was - I told myself I loved the sound but there was definitely a straightness or a kind of "alpha male" appeal of many of the artists I listened to.

I couldn't handle the idea of anything pop, or girly or "simple" and all that usual stuff - but something weird changed deep inside me and I've been listening to so much more music recently - pop music, I guess you could call it "gay" I don't know, certain artists and genres are associated with the LGBT community I guess - I was always aware of this and it made me feel uncomfortable in a way- but I couldn't help the fact there was part of my brain that just enjoyed it.

Now I'm going the other way and it's like I cannot stand the homophobic lyrics on older music I listen (used to listen?) to - and it makes me feel uncomfortable and ashamed.