1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've got it sooooo bad! Make it stop!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by RJay, Jun 18, 2017.

1. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you SO MUCH for sharing that story. Everything you wrote applies to me to a tee. The self esteem issues and all that... UGH! And this whole finally realizing I'm attracted to women and not men at age 43 is really throwing me for a loop. The little signs you describe that should betray someone is attracted to you are honestly ALL things I've been doing AND things she has been doing. But yeah, I am too scared to push it... so far anyway. No doubt we have already become best friends, and like you say, as long as I can enjoy things as they are and I don't get *TOO* wrapped up in a fantasy scenario and start to suffer, there's no harm in just carrying on. The worst part of this so far was the two weeks before I told her I'm gay but have no experience. I really was nervous about letting those two pieces of information out, and once that was done and several days passed in which her actions confirmed that nothing changed between us, I've been feeling so much better.

Have I mentioned I am just crazy for her?! Haha... Honestly, I just can't with how awesome she is.

She and her kids will be away this whole holiday weekend. Like I said above, there was lots of drama today because the girls didn't want to go so many days without seeing me. It was so sweet. I'm so wrapped up in V, and her girls, and even her dog! Ridiculous! Haha...

taical and silverhalo like this.
  2. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, Moonsparkle, this part of what you wrote is blowing my freaking mind because I so totally could have written it myself word for word:
    "My self-esteem, my thought patterns about myself, the negative filter I viewed myself through prevented me from even thinking that this beautiful, intelligent, funny, exciting girl could EVER be attracted to me. All through life it's been my pattern...someone's attracted to me and I am almost shocked. It always went against my core beliefs about myself. I was brought up in a dysfunction, (even if it looked good from the outside,) where I was shown I wasn't a worthy person, that my wants and needs didn't matter, that I shouldn't have them and should never express my feelings. I was also shown that expressing your feelings could lead to being hurt and that that hurt=bad, taught that it's better to just keep quiet and never ever to trust.
    I was a real self esteem wreck, even if others interpreted me not to be so, I played the role of having it all together pretty well."

Incredible how accurately it describes me.

3. idsm

Loved that "we". :grin:

beenthrdonetht and Moonsparkle like this.
  4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha yes this is RJay playing the main role in this relationship and half of EC are playing supporting roles, you are going to have to break the news about everyone else to her gently RJay.

5. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I gave some thought to that pronoun. A bit tongue-in-cheek. Glad you caught it.

6. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm, thanks for the opposite perspective. It made me think. And of course, cheer for your happy outcome. :kiss_ww:

#166 beenthrdonetht, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    RJay likes this.
  7. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you two don't end up living happily ever after I will be (nearly) as disappointed as you Rjay.

Your story is the sweetest romance I've ever read.

8. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Did I mention her bike was a Terry? (+) And she wore no makeup? (+) And we will swim together for date 2? Oh I'm getting too excited, and turning this into the hydra-headed thread. Can't help it. If there are more deets I will start another.

RJay likes this.
  9. Lucky in Life

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love reading this thread! Romance is definitely in the air at EC! :clap:

RJay likes this.
  10. Lucky in Life

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds very promising! All the best!

RJay likes this.
  11. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awww! I feel that way too. Everything between us has just been so lovely. She is the sweetest, dreamiest person I've ever met. Sigh...

12. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    RJay--I'm happy that you were able to identify with my long saga!! Well not happy that you also have struggled with the same thought process of course, but happy that the whole thing made sense to you. It's always helpful to me when someone here shares their thoughts/feelings and I'm like, 'OMG that sounds exactly like me, it's the way I think, what I do, how I feel..' whatever the case may be.

To RJay, Beenthere, and anyone else who is currently swept off their feet and may be on the cusp of SOMETHING MORE developing with the object of their affections---Keep right on sharing your stories! I've got zero going on in the romance dept. ATM, but I SOOO enjoy living vicariously through your experiences right now! I'm happy to be one of the 'supporting cast' along with Silver and the rest!!! Be sure to keep your late in life pals updated! :slight_smile:

beenthrdonetht, silverhalo and RJay like this.
  13. zumbaqueen

RJay I so enjoy reading about how you are handling your relationship with V. It's great that you are taking your time and enjoying the feelings you are having for her. I suppose is some way we all hope that first person we feel in love with after we figured out our sexuality would return those feelings. I have been involved with a woman for about 6 weeks now and I do like her and yes she is gay. But I still see my straight friend daily (we work together). I told her 3 months ago that I was gay, but I did not tell her of my attraction to her. (Head over heals in love with her) She has been very supportive of me and in encouraging me to find happiness with a woman, there's that part of me that wants to say don't you understand I want that woman to be you! It's hard to accept that she will never love me the way I love her.

dreamingfreely and RJay like this.
  14. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tonight's update is that we just spent the last 90 minutes having a text message conversation from 9pm to 10:30pm, her in bed with her sleeping kids on their weekend out of town. It was epic... Do friends in their 40's usually spend 90 minutes texting each other non stop? I told her I've never texted with someone so much in my whole life and she responded with a smiley face. LOL.

15. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just curious, what do you think would happen if you told her you were in love with her? How long have you been friends? Of course, it's impossible to know, but do you think she would freak? Especially if you lead with, "I know this is just a fantasy and I couldn't expect you to reciprocate, but..."

I only ask because the more stuff happens with V, the more I can see us having that conversation in the future if a romance doesn't develop naturally. I'm still in the "enjoy the moment and await whatever comes" mode, but I could envision getting overwrought at some point and having to talk to her honestly.

16. zumbaqueen

We have known each other for 7 years, have been friends for 4 and I fell in love with her about a year ago. I don't think I could ever tell her because I think it would freak her out and I would rather have her as a friend than nothing at all. And because we work together I don't wank to make things awkward there. Part of me would love to tell her-"by the way, you know the whole reason I realized I was gay was because I fell in love with you". I just don't see that going well for me. She does seem to be very curious about my new relationship, she asks me all the time how things are going for me and tells me she's happy for me. Maybe someday when I'm in a relationship with a woman and my feelings for her are gone I will be able to tell her, of course then maybe I won't feel the need to.

Lucky in Life and RJay like this.
  17. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Rjay. I've been following your thread and just wanted to say I think you've handled this all so well, coming out to V can't have been easy. I'm so interested to know what happens next! I think I've dealt with crushes on friends badly in the past as I hadn't really accepted my sexuality and didn't really know how to deal with my emotions. It's so encouraging to read such a positive story! I can't help but think V does have feelings for you whether romantic or not, I guess time will tell. I would probably be getting way ahead of myself if it was me but you seem very rational and able to enjoy the moment :slight_smile:

18. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks! I wouldn't say I'm *not* getting ahead of myself. I'm just walking a tightrope at the moment. I fantasize that she is falling in love with me and we will be one big happy family by Christmas. LOL... But I'm also trying to not get fully invested in that fantasy because I don't want to lose her due to impatience. One day at a time.

19. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh brother... V texted a lot today about feeling down, depressed. I told her I wished I was there so I could hug her and console her. She thanked me and we carried on chatting a while. Then she told me they might extend their time away one more night, and I actually texted, "I would really dislike having to go a whole other day without seeing you, but I suppose if you must stay there another night, c'est la vie." (She is fluent in French -- of course.) WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! She texted a smiley face back and wrote that it wasn't set in stone and she may very well be back as scheduled, and I'd be the first to know what her plans are. I'm taking more and more chances with the stuff I say. And she still keeps communicating -- more and more, in fact. I'm so fascinated by how this is going... I still think she might be straight as an arrow and just recognizes what a good friend I could be, but still... Such a nagging feeling that she is finding our interaction just as fascinating and intriguing as I am. I wish I knew what she was thinking!!!

taical likes this.
  20. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh and it crossed my mind that her mentioning running into an ex might have been a test to see how I'd react or what I'd say. I was so sure at first that it was an unsubtle hint that she is straight and I shouldn't pursue her. But, I think I'm going to go with the new theory that she just wanted to know what I'd say. The impression I am getting now because of the way the week has gone, is that she is just as curious as I am where this will all lead. But, don't worry friends, I'm not getting ahead of myself and setting myself up for a let down. Just thinking "out loud" here.

taical, leb10 and Orchidea123 like this.