1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jewelry/Jewelry preferences?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BothWaysSecret, Jun 25, 2017.

1. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Who here wears jewelry? I myself wear a chain with a cross pendant, a couple non-wedding rings, and a few bracelets of varying material. I also wear a watch, but only when I'm out of the house.

I am also wondering if anyone finds certain types of jewelry attractive? For exaple, I find toe rings, anklets, and belly-button piercings attractive on women, and rings and certain types of earrings attractive on men.

Also, what do you consider to be too much jewelry? Do you prefer more or less when it comes to yourself or a partner?

#1 BothWaysSecret, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  2. B a r e f o o t

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ankle bracelet chain with marijuana leaf shaped dangles, toe ring, necklaces, tech school ring.

3. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For jewelry something I've longed to do and will do when I'm older is wear rings. Nothing too glam or glow but something subtle maybe silver because wearing them just makes me feel all fuzzy inside. (Yes I've tried on rings when shopping with my mom joking about it) but seriously I find them very attractive. I also like wearing watches and bracelets etc. they feel comforting if that makes any sense.
    Too much jewelry might be earrings because I like guys plain and or bearded. I hope I grow out of it because I see earrings a lot.
    More or less? Somewhere in between, or we (being my figurative partner and i) could always change it up.

4. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

It depends on how feminine I feel on any given day, but usually I just wear a ring, a pair of earrings, and a watch (one or any combination of those three). Lately I haven't been wearing any jewelry, just earrings. Also, I never wear dangling earrings...just stud earrings or post earrings.

#4 Shoei Loei, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2017
  5. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Funny thing was, when I was a kid, I had no interest in jewelry, and only wore a watch occasionally because I found the band bothersome. Now I'm obsessed with it! I'm constantly looking up watches, rings, and bracelets to add to my collection. I'd never wear them all at once though. I'd rotate everything except for my college class ring.

#5 BothWaysSecret, Jun 25, 2017
  6. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Another question for everyone: do you prefer gold jewelry, silver, or another material?

With the exception of my bracelets I have found that all my jewelry is silver/uses silver metals. I just don't like the look of gold jewelry except if it's used for wedding bands. Watches and bracelets for me can be any color or material.

#6 BothWaysSecret, Jun 25, 2017
  7. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I find jewelry interesting because it adds to who you are and it can boost confidence or whatever other emotions you associate with jewelry. I probably wouldn't wear all my jewelry at once either I feel it would be excessive. But I find wearing watches fun/good occasionally but with rings I could twist them around my finger and it would help me to calm my other nervous habits such as popping/cracking knuckles or fingers and picking my nails which I feel ashamed of doing. Plus I just find jewelry very good looking. :slight_smile:

Edit-- I like silver and gold rings and for watches probably silver when I'm older but right now I have a wooden/ebony looking watch because metal watches feel too cold to me. (Especially since it's over your veins which cools you down)

#7 Gamer4now, Jun 25, 2017
  8. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Same. Jewelry can make people look alot sexier in my opinion (depending of course on the type and amount of jewelry).

As for calming habits, I always either twist my one ring, or play with the pendant on my necklace when I'm nervous, in deep thought, or bored. I have a very minor form of Tourettes Syndrome, so sometimes I think it helps with that.

#8 BothWaysSecret, Jun 25, 2017
  9. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is exactly what I'd do! But sometimes I pull my hair out when I'm deep in thought calming and painful but the pain feels so gooooood. (Yes I know, weird)

10. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Surgical steel ring in left ear, watch around left wrist and a necklace with my wedding ring on it. Because of work I don't wear rings, and my watch is super cheap so it will break instead of getting my arm stuck in something.

I like most kinds of jewelry, as long as its not gaudy or ostentatious. Bellybutton rings are kinda cute/sexy or a thin chain around the waist.

#10 Shorthaul, Jun 25, 2017
  11. AuroraBorealis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually wear different types of necklaces, two rings(one on my middle finger and one on my pinky), and I'll occasionally wear earrings or bracelets.

I think all jewelry is attractive as long as it isn't too gaudy.

12. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have an earring in each ear, I wear a Superman dog tag, 3 stainless steel rings (Left thumb, left middle finger and right ring finger) and I wear a watch. I used to have my tongue pierced, but took it out in 2010. I had my eyebrow pierced last year, but took it out two days after because my parents weren't talking to me. I regret taking it out now. I'd like to get more ear piercings though. Don't think they'd have an issue with that...hopefully.

13. Clinker

Clinker Guest

Id like to start wearing jewellery, though id be to worried about rings falling off. Having an interest in fantasy and steam power, id probably go for something steampunky in appearance, though not sure what. Cog/gear train on a necklace? Brass bracelets or anklets? Something along those lines. Got a few pocket watches that i still have to use with an American locomotive cast on the cover.

#13 Clinker, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2017
  14. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All I really wear in terms of jewelry is a chain with a tiny Mjölnir on it as a necklace, and a stainless steel ring on my right middle finger. I do have my ears pierced, but that was my mother's doing when I was four and I never wear anything in them. I think the right amount of jewelry can look good on somebody, but I've never been a fan of overly ostentatious, super-flashy displays of it.

#14 ThatBorussenGuy, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  15. HerRainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wear gold studs and a silver bracelet occasionally. I should also wear a watch really!

I have a thing for black stud earrings on women. I can't upload a pic of them. And I think belly button piercings would be cool too. But none of them would be essential.

16. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think steampunk jewelry sounds cool! Especially the cog necklace.

17. Clinker

Clinker Guest

Might be worth a try. Have some cogs left over from a school art project. Just need some string I suppose.

18. bi dystopia

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't really wear jewelry, I've always imagined it to get in the way. Have a few beaded/string bracelets but rarely wear them, mainly in summer. Have a fair array of watches though. Similarly, don't really care for jewelry on partners, although don't object to it either, except piercings. Hate piercings! Like partners to wear watches too, shows they are going to be on time and aren't glued to their phone for everything.

19. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't wear much accessories except for some Zelda bracelets on occasion. Jewelry can be attractive, though.

20. AlmondMilk

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I really like jewelry but don't own anything aside from a couple watches because my parents aren't fans of men wearing jewelry. I love browsing the jewelry departments in stores though and I'd love to get a few pieces and maybe even get my ears pierced. I usually like kinda simple and dainty things in silver. Sometimes I like gold though, and I really like the look of rose gold.