Need some advice/insight here.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Renegades, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am trying to figure out if I am FTM. For awhile now, I have identified as non-binary and genderfluid. I don't really care about my pronouns, but still don't like it when people call me a girl. I keep thinking that I want top surgery, but then my brain flips and is like, "What if you date someone you really like and they want someone with boobs?" But now I realize how f---ed up it would be to keep something that makes you uncomfortable for someone else. I have always told people never to change themselves for whoever they are dating, but never thought about that regarding myself and my body parts that I don't really have an attachment to.

So, some direct questions I have for you guys are these:
    What do different types of dysphoria feel like to you?
    (If you are binary trans) Have you ever felt unsure about your gender?
    Have you known from an extremely young age(like elementary school or younger) that you don't assign with your assigned birth gender?
    (For anybody non-binary) What was your coming out experience like, and how did you word it?

Some help would be really appreciated.

2. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, some direct questions I have for you guys are these:

I get dysphoric mostly about my chest and my looks. It is like a living hell. I want to hurt myself and nothing can really calm me down.

(If you are binary trans) Have you ever felt unsure about your gender?

Yes.

Have you known from an extremely young age(like elementary school or younger) that you don't assign with your assigned birth gender?
    No. I knew I was different, but didn't know how.

(For anybody non-binary) What was your coming out experience like, and how did you word it?

I am still debating if I am non-binary or not.

Hope this helps.

Sebby45

3. anthracite

anthracite Guest

If it's stonger it's a really dragging down feeling, the lighter is jealousy and anger (resulting from jealousy).

What bothers me most is my general shape, like body fat, not enough muscle. I used to be really insecure about my face and every gram of fat in it, but I guess I aged well and it got less fat and more masculine, like a teenage guy with some work. Some days my voice is higher and I don't like to speak at all because of that. About my chest it's lighter, more like a paranoia that it could be visible and ruin my passing. It's a stronger euphoria when I put my binder on.

Have you ever felt unsure about your gender?

Yep. I was really disconnected with being AFAB and didn't care much because at first I didn't know about gender stuff. While questioning I first thought I was just a tomboy, but then I finally realized that I'm trans.

Well, I was one of the guys and found the girls just as disgusting as they did. I knew I'd rather be a boy but it wasn't constantly in my mind since I was with them all the time anyway and I was busy with so many things.

4. newts

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    -What do different types of dysphoria feel like to you?
    For me my dysphoria is mostly related to my body, and the "female" body parts I have make me really anxious and uncomfortable. I also often expect myself to have a more correct (for me) male body, and am surprised when I'm reminded what I actually look like.

-(If you are binary trans) Have you ever felt unsure about your gender?
    Yeah, I spent about half a year questioning before fully coming to terms with it, and even after then I had doubts for a while.

-Have you known from an extremely young age(like elementary school or younger) that you don't assign with your assigned birth gender?
    I had some gender issues and dysphoria, but I didn't actually know what trans was, or that I wasn't a girl.

5. TheAmpilus

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I mostly just get dysphoria about my chest. I haven't got an especially large chest, but I despise it so much. There have even been days where I've felt like I would purposely hurt myself to get rid of it.

Surprisingly, no. I fit in with what's generally expected of a girl for most of my life. It's only in the past couple of years - since discovering the LGBTQ+ community - that I realised that something wasn't quite right.

I've only come out to one person in real life (I'm out on my Tumblr, though), and that's been a steady thing; he's trans, so he was my first main introduction to the concept of gender and sex being different things. Since then, I've kept him updated every time I figure something out or question something else. As for wording, originally I came out as genderfluid, and I did that by simply saying, "I think I'm genderfluid and I need some advice." It was a nice experience, though, and I'm glad I did it, even if my identity has been changing constantly since then.