1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting poeple

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by beagle, Jun 24, 2017.

1. beagle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hi All,

Just a little anxious as i have been quite isolated these past weeks confinded to my home and not venturing far ,just to say that i joint an gay/bi outdoors club and am going on a 15 mile walk near by. At least i will be in safe and non judgmental company. I will tell you how it goes. Hope everyone is having a good weekend?

2. Peterpangirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Beagle
    Walking sounds a great idea and joining a group of like-minded people would definitely be something I'd consider doing too.

You'll get very fit if you keep doing 15 mile walks and being out in nature is good for the soul! Have fun! Hope you meet some friendly folk.

3. imperfect111

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey Beagle,

Hope your daily walking and joining the club has helped you.
    May I ask, why have you confined yourself to your home? Let us help you if you are feeling depressed or anything.

4. beagle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Peterpangirl ,
    I just got back and not feeling much aches but sure will tommorow no doubt. Tackled the rain and some steep slopes. Great but knackering day.Will sleep well tonight.

Even through i didn't come out and say i am gay , i did mention that i had recently come out to a few of them and while walking didn't have the whole thought of do they know. I am really glad i did it and rewarded myself with a chiken/donner large kebab. :slight_smile: .

How was your day?

5. beagle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    imperfect111

Definalty the walks help with reducing my anxiety, and it is my anxiety that stops me from leaving the house, i will post a topic with my back story when i feel i can but going back i don't know if my anxiety which has always been with me is due to repression/denail of thoughts. I think i am getting better as normally i sleep with something playing in the back ground normally ncis on my phone to help me concentrate on that rather than my thoughts, but my head was a little clearer last night and felt calmer. I basically feel scared when leaving the house alone , as walking with my dad on little walks ok but even better being in a bigger group like today. I got back tonight and just felt overwhelmed with emotions just need to calm down alittle.

6. imperfect111

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey Beagle.
    Warm hugs for you.

We are right here by your side. Do not worry. Many of us have the same situation.

This is normal and can happen to anyone regardless of their age.
    Anxiety can manifest from a small rise in heart beat to a full blown attack with sweating, palpitations, trembling etc.
    Do not worry, you can turn around, just need a little determination.

Before anything else - analyse your life very carefully to see what triggers your anxiety, write it down. Make a journal or a blog.
    Keep eliminating what workds and what doesnot.
    1. Understand what is anxiety and how it works. - This is the first step to curing yourself. I can say first hand it is a debilitating problem and can handicap you if not treated.

2. Read around anxiety - what is it associated with.

3. Take one step at a time. Pick a method that sounds reasonable and do able for you inline with your interests =)
    Treatment ranges - there are foods that decrease anxiety to exercises one can do to bring about a better change. There are methodical things you do as a checklist, there are games you can play. there is tonne of stuff.

4. Read peoples blogs, youtube channels of people recording there anxiety and how they counteract.

I wont paste any links, there are tonnes of helpful outlets.

beagle likes this.
  7. beagle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    imperfect ,

you are so right . hope your anxiety is managable now. I know it is from the fight or flight instinct back in the old days , kill or be eaten. If that was the case today i would be in a lions belly or runnnig away from one by now.

I don't know if it is a title of a book but i keep saying "feel the fear but do it anyway". I have to look into the food angle as i knwo there things like passion flower,hops and valerian which help relax and calm. Thank you for your post food for though.

8. beagle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only

Just re reading that and no pun intended at the end.lol