1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today I decide...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by imperfect111, Jun 24, 2017.

1. imperfect111

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Today I decide that I will always give out to the world then to take..
    No matter how much any one has wronged me, I will love back and treat them well..
    I will live humbly..Think positively,
    I will forget and forgive..

I will be gentle with everyone esp youngsters and elderly.

I will forget about my past, close the chapter and move forward.
    I will.. do my best to make my life, my surrounding, my community, this world a better place..

I will make my life beautiful myself.. I will paint it with happiness and I will work even more harder than I have before..
    I will give a hand to someone drowning..
    I will give a hand to needy..

I will help.. I will do what ever i can with in me.. to conquer my inner self.

Time to build a home inside of us.. a beautiful soul that shines light across which ever place we walk in to.

Who is with me.. Add on please.

#1 imperfect111, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    Islanzadi and ShortButSweet like this.
  2. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

3. WhoIsKris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is beautiful, imperfect! Perhaps I'm reading too much into your wording, but the phrase "conquer my inner self" concerned me. I wonder, can you include yourself in your decision for how you will approach and treat the world?

Love them, and love yourself... forget and forgive others and forgive yourself...

Be gentle with others especially the young, old and be gentle with yourself...

Give a hand to someone in need and help yourself...

I am with you, sharing my light with you, the world and myself ☺️

-

4. imperfect111

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello WhoisKris.
    Sure, id love to..
    Conquer my inner self - I meant my inner dialogue. No self hating, no low self esteem and no self doubt. It brings about so much of imbalance inside its unimaginable. From positive to negative energy (if you are into that) to actual process of chemical changes in your brain.. That is what i meant. Control over my emotions, calmness and absolute serenity.

Treat the world - I meant, start small. Start with a smile. Start with what ever you can. As cliche as it sounds, if each of us tries to accomodate others and help - Our families... > communities> countries> world would be a better place.

You words really touched me when you include 'yourself'. Lesson number 1 for me. Including myself in all the above.

5. WhoIsKris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ahhh that makes more sense. I've struggled quite a bit with the self-doubt, self-judgment, low self-esteem. I've found that learning to have self-kindness and self-compassion has helped me the most. When I felt the self-doubt before, I would have gotten angry at myself and beaten myself up about having doubts. Now I'm learning how to recognize it, accept it -- tell myself it's ok to have that doubt, everyone has doubts now and then, and then let it go.

I agree with starting small. I felt privileged to attend and hear the Dalai Lama speak a year ago. He had the same message: to change the world, start with ourselves, then it will spread to our families, then our communities and continue to grow out from there.

ShortButSweet likes this.
  6. imperfect111

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You are right WhoisKris.
    Is it not amazing, there is a slight change you feel inside you when you just decide something like this.