1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I told my crush that I'm depressed

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by unknown18, Jun 23, 2017.

1. unknown18

Ever since I started highschool I've had immense social anxiety that has sent me into an emotional collapse. My crush has noticed before that I stare into the open quite often and told me that I look quite down. Today I admitted that I was depressed and having suicidal thoughts. He was really supportive in the way he responded.

I want to tell him that I want to be outside and hanging out with him but I want to do this in a way that doesn't put him under any sort of pressure. Any good ideas?

2. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe going for a walk together? That way you can talk, but not be pressured by a social situation since it would be just the two of you. Just a thought.

Sebby

3. unknown18

Yeah, but it would it not be kind of weird if I were to just ask if he wanted to go for a walk me?

4. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree, asking to walk with him wouod be a splendid idea.
    I have social anxiety as well so i can understand why you'd think it was awkward, but you can tell him it's just so you two can talk a bit.
    I say just go for it, because if you don't, you'll onoy be surrounded by people everytime you try to talk to him. I k ow how it feels to talk personally when anyone can eavesdrop.

I beleive in you friend.

~Rose

#4 RoseChan00, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017