1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mic problems

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by deepwaters7, Jun 19, 2017.

1. deepwaters7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, so I'm having some problems with my mic and I can't find answers online, so I thought I'd try on here. Anyway, anytime I want to use it, I need to restart my computer(running windows 10, if that helps at all). It's a pair of JVC headphones with one output, My computer have one input aswell. I've tried simply unplugging and plugging it back in, updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, disabling and enabling the device but nothing has worked except restarting, which is inconvenient. Anything would be appreciated and if you need any more info just ask. Thanks in advance

2. Twisted777

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Have you tried going to audio settings and making it the 'default device'? (I'm guessing you probably have).

I tend to deal with studio microphones, so I'm used to sound cards being problematic.

3. 12am0na

Does your JVC headphones have a mic on it? The newer computers with one headphone jack are similar to the jacks on phones. You need a headphone/mic combo with one plug.