1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Straightest Lesbian

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Koizee, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Koizee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay so even though Im a lesbian, I am the least stereotypical lesbian ever
    Im more sensitive than the average straight girl
    Im not very athletic
    I have hardly any similar passions that your stereotypical lesbian has and...
    I have a "straight vibe"

The only thing that really makes me gay is my fashion sense and the fact that the only thing I dont find attractive about your standard attractive man is their penis

The reason I made this thread is because I was wondering, is there anyone else on, that can relate to this?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am the least stereotypical lesbian too, but I'm not super girly (nor super butch), for these reasons:

- Wears feminine tops (however, I don't wear skirts, dresses, or makeup)
    - I don't really like talking about being gay 24/7, my love life, or sex life that much. I only do it on EC because I enjoy giving and getting advice. But I don't care for it in casual conversation. What I mean is that while I am okay with admitting I am gay and admitting some gay issues, it's also not really my whole identity. I once had a lesbian friend who constantly talked about being gay and dating, nothing else. I was all "um, ok....is that your whole personality or what? Talk about something else for once, jeez"
    - I'm private and conservative. Not in a political way, but in a modest way. A lot of people assume lesbians are all kinky and casual. I am vanilla and grossed out by sleeping with someone I haven't committed to.

Probably more.

3. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can totally relate!

I have never been into fashion and am most comfortable in jeans a t-shirt (and always fun neon socks).

But in college I was president of my sorority, I paint my nails on a regular basis, and I am a pretty private person.

I guess I have never really put much thought into the stereotypical lesbian and how I compare, but it's interesting to see how much that stereotype doesn't apply.

4. Mollyismyname

God yes. A lot. But I'm a weird case. I did not care about my appearance what so ever until I was maybe 11 or twelwe unless we played dress up, and I played with masculine toys. However, then i turned 13 (yes literally), and suddenly everything exploded:

• I love dresses, skirts, make-up and girly fashion, although it's alternative and kawaii-gothic
    • I actually love stereotypical gender roles for myself (and I grew up almost gender role free). Not in a femme-butch sort of way, but I love being overly dramatic and romantic in a red-roses-and-sunsets kind of way that's typically associated with women
    • I literally suck at sport (unless you count biking and swimming as a sport, but that's more everyday skills here in Denmark). I'm not interested in them what so ever
    • Pastel colours are awesome

5. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm bi, but yeah, who I like isn't the epitome of my personality. I've been with bi-leaning-lesbians before who literally never shut up about how gay they are or how men are disgusting and there's nothing good about any of them. I don't get it or care, it just irritates me because it'd be the same as being around a straight person who was like "ew, that was almost gay, how disgusting" even if they were joking it's like.... there's literally no need or point for that. They try to pass it off like its political feminism but it's not when it's just seeing a straight couple on the street or something holding hands and being like "gross". Like, I've dated men in the past before too, I literally just don't see the difference.

I dress really masculine, but I don't like it when that automatically means girls have to put masculine gender roles on me. I'm quiet, pretty straightforward, and express myself physically and visually in more masculine ways, but that doesn't mean I'm not a touchy feely person or "the man" in the relationship, I'm actually quite submissive and would prefer a girl that's more feminine than me but has a stronger personality than me / can be more stable or more dominant.

6. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another one to add....I actually like writing straight romance and smut. I also like writing gay romance and smut. To me there is no difference, and any couple exploration can be fun, even if I'm not attracted to it in real life.

I don't like lesbians that are misandrist and heterophobic, which is another stereotype. Sorry but I love men and straight people, just not in a sexual way.

7. sojabohnenfeld

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can relate a little. I'm gay, but it doesn't define my entire life. I guess that makes me like a straight person, because it's mostly LGBT people who let that happen. (partially, I guess, cause straight people never faced persecution for being straight)

8. grass

grass Guest

"the only thing I dont find attractive about your standard attractive man is their penis"
    -- me too. I also make really dirty jokes like calling the grossest people in my school daddy.

9. devotions

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This sounds like exactly me.. Except I don't even think I can call myself lesbian, despite having been only into other women for years, because once in a while I experience minor, fleeting attractions towards the most random guys. But because of only liking girls most of the time, I have come to associate myself with the label "lesbian". I know that it's be unfair for me to call myself that though, so I have since changed my label on my profile to questioning. I know a lot of times you feel so alone in not being "gay enough", but just know that this idea of the ideal lesbian you have established in your mind really is a shifting goal-post. Just be who you are, and the right person for you will come along some day.

#9 devotions, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  10. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Stereotypical trans guy but I chat with lesbians a lot because for some reason it's easier to relate to them.

I am such a stereotype for a power dyke, it's not even funny. I don't like sports (probably because I wasn't into them at a young age) but I like working out a lot. But I've also got a soft side that a lotta men don't have so I have this somewhat androgynous side to me too.

I sometimes forget that I'm trans and not a lesbian just because you were my first identity.