1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a hard time with my girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GatoAzul, Jun 10, 2017.

1. GatoAzul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm living with my girlfriend at the moment and she keeps getting annoyed with me, every other weekend we end up ignoring each other. She told me she is fed up with acting like my mother and that I'm like living with a child. Today I made a phone call to the utility company, and she wanted me to lie to get money off our bill, but I didn't because I got confused about some dates, and now she is ignoring me again. She is a lot more intelligent than me, so I often do stupid things which annoy her. I just feel like killing myself, and I'm sitting in the garage crying, and she's inside watching a film, like she doesn't care at all that I'm upset. And she has a go at me for not caring about her. Often I ignore her because I think she is ignoring me, but then she says she was never ignoring me. I am trying to act more mature, but I can't change overnight. So my question is, how can I stop annoying her all the time? I'm just so terrified she's going to end it with me. And I never know what to say when she ignores me. Today I apologized before walking out. Please give me some advice, I'm a mess.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I'm sorry you are upset. It sounds like you both need to have more open conversation with each other. It's not just up to you to change. She also can't just belittle you all of the time.
    If there are things that you struggle with can't she help and do some of them so that you share the load.

3. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Don't change for this girl. This relationship sounds like a pretty bad one, one that I don't think you should be in. I have never been in a relationship myself, but have watched enough die to know what an unhealthy relationship looks like. This most definitely is one. It might be time for you to move on and end your relationship. It doesn't sound like your girlfriend really cares about you or your feelings. You might not think you are ready to cut ties with her, but I think you would be worse off if you stayed with her. I understand that you might love her, but it doesn't sound like she really loves you. Moving on can be hard, but it will help you be a more mature and better off person.

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry, but she sounds like a toxic person. She has no empathy for you and gives you a bunch of rules that you can't live up to. Don't kill yourself over a waste of a human being.

Best to just dump her and move on.

5. GatoAzul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I could try to talk to her... She probably won't want to talk about it though as we have spoken about it before, I'm not sure what else we can say. And she does a lot to help me, that was the whole point. She asked me to do more things without her asking me to do them, hence I made the phone call. I thought she was going to be pleased with me, that's why I'm so upset.

I can't just dump her, not just because I love her, but also because we are living together, so we have a contract I can't leave for 6 months without losing a lot of money. At this rate she's going to dump me anyway. I just hate myself so much.

6. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't hate yourself. Like others have said, you seem to be in a toxic relationship with that girl, one in which you are made to feel inferior to your girlfriend when it fact it is not the case. Nobody should be mad at you for not wanting to lie, had you lied and been caught later on she probably would have blamed it on you anyway so you did the right thing by sticking to the truth.

It does seem like you are somehow afraid of her, especially of her "dumping you" but truth is you should be the one "dumping her". I do understand that you are in a situation where doing that is complicated but I do think it would be benefitial to your mental health. Living life being scared of your every move and word in case it upsets your girlfriend and make her want to dump you is not an healthy way to live your live and will eventually lead to the both of you being miserable.

Moving in with a partner can put a strain on any relationship, that's why communication is key but if she isn't willing to communicate and would rather blame you for everything then there is a problem and it is not you.

Good luck OP, and big hugs to you x (*hug*)

7. MsPurpleFrog

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This to me sounds like an emotionally abusive relationship- my ex behaved like this towards me and it was very harmful and really knocked myself self-esteem. I was forever trying to placate her, bit whatever I did was met with silence or scorn. I ended up making myself homeless because I was so miserable. Get out if you can, and know you deserve better.

8. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh I'm so sorry, you Sound so upset... It always takes two for these Sorts of Problems. It's not just your fault. I think you need to talk to her and tell her how you feel. Maybe you can work it out so it gets better.