1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An awkward mess

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Altruistic blue, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Altruistic blue

People go through this everyday and I'm sure most people feel like they are really awkward, especially around people they take interest in, but I can't help but feel like I'm this incredibly awkward person that doesn't know how to deal with social situations. Before I figured out my identity I was very confused and I thought about everything in great depth, sometimes too much depth and I risked ruining relationships because of assumptions that I had. After I made the decision about who I was, I felt more at peace, but now its become the main thing that I think about, and I feel like its affecting me socially, in a positive and negative way. This is more of a rant than a question, but I just want to know of anyone else can relate...

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I can relate. I think over thinking is one of my main issues. When I was first coming out it dominated my thinking like you in both a good and bad way. Are you out to many people?

3. Altruistic blue

No not very many, only a very select group so far. I'm not hiding, but I've only actively told people I wanted to share it with. But if someone asked me I would tell them. Its gotten easier to say it overtime

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh for sure it gets easier and easier. The closest people are the hardest to tell so you are definitely over the worst of it :slight_smile:

5. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I can totally relate!!! I feel like I'm making assumptions on whether some close friends, that I'm considering to come out to, will accept me...and idk I feel awkward now because It feels like I'm hiding something from them. Tho yea it's true it feels a lot harder to come out to people you're closer to.