1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not gay enough?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by natalie1, Jun 13, 2017.

1. natalie1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm bi and I feel like I always have to validate that i'm attracted to girls. Not to people around me but mostly to myself. I sometimes feel guilty when I have a boy crush but not a girl crush. I guess sometimes I feel like I'm not gay enough? Idk. Does anyone else have this feeling? Is it normal?

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't feel like this but I can understand where you're coming from. You're bisexual, not gay, which means you can be attracted the opposite-sex. That's fine. We all have attraction to varying degrees.

3. SeulgiBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm flexible but not the enought to have a long-term relationship with a men.

4. Really

Hey natalie1,

Why do you feel guilty? Who are you wronging? Nobody, that's who. What you're thinking and feeling has no impact on anyone else.

And who says there's a threshold for being gay? I'm pretty sure that's nobody, too. ;] And if anyone is telling you there is, feel free to ignore them, they don't know what they're talking about.

As soon as you recognize that you have same sex feelings, you are gay. Gay of one variety or other; bisexual, lesbian, whatever. And it's up to you to decide how/if/when you're going to act on it. Only you.

5. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel you, I'm a bi girl in a hetero relationship. Interestingly, I have stronger same-sex leanings but I do sometimes feel like I am not gay enough to be part of the community. But hey- same sex attraction means I'm somewhat gay and my sexuality doesn't change no matter who I date.

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I'm not bi but when I was first coming out I thought I wasn't gay enough. You shouldn't feel bad about boy crushes you are just you. Nobody should be able to tell you who you can and can't like.

7. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey natalie1,

As Really asked, why do you feel guilty? Your sexuality is no one's business but your own. You don't need to 'prove' anything about it to anyone.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that really matters is that you are comfortable with your own sexuality. If you are, that comfort/confidence often shows through to others and it also makes it easier to simply dismiss anyone who may question your sexuality.

Just some thoughts.