1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you feel about acne?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ConnectedToWall, Jun 13, 2017.

1. KeanusGuitarus

East Australia, in NSW, quite a while from Sydney.
    Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    An egregious arse. That's a selection of to describe me. For some reason, I mind it more on others than I do myself, but in either case, not much at all. Perhaps 3/20 on me because it is itchy, and 5/20 for others, because I'm a little superficial. I never have and never will mention somebody's acne to them, though, and I wish people wouldn't to me. It's rude to point out things that you can't help in the slightest.

On that note, does anybody know if it is any good to put make-up on top of acne? It seems like it'd make it all worse.

2. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Honestly it depends how much acne you're talking about. When I was in high school my acne was all over the place. I had to go on acutance twice. The before after after photos are crazy, but I still have some acne. It doesn't actively bother me unless i'm filming something for YouTube or its in a photo that was taken during a bad breakout.

3. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't have a strong opinion on it. I would much rather prefer my face to be free of acne though. On a scale of 1-20, I say 4.

4. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have to wash my face 3 times a day with warm water and a soft cloth because of my acne. Otherwise my skin gets kind of inflamed and I get oily disgusting welt by my temples. I rate having acne like a 2/10...

Note* most acne washes cause my skin to breakout even more, have not been recommended acutane by a doctor and I have natural dey lips so it's probably not safe, acne is very low and not bad at all if I make sure to wash face off well multiple times per day and use skin moisturizer afterwards. I presume it is because they skin oils do not feel the need to re accumulate if your skin is soft and moist still.

#24 Humbly Me, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2017
  5. Abigail15

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've thankfully never had to deal with anything more than a few spots here and there though reaching 20 I am wondering when the teenage spots go away. It doesn't bother me at all on other people, they're just spots right? I can see why it would bother people on their own face but you just got to think about it like this. The spot 'solving' creams and companies are only successful because they make people feel like having acne is gross. Of course take medication if you need to but let spots fade on their own and it's usually not an issue!

I'd rate it like a 4/10 on myself and a literal zero on other people!

6. RedTrekkie95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    25/20 It makes me feel really self-conscious although I don't get much pain from it. I can't get rid of it in any way, which resulted in a visit to my GP to get some meds, I'll see if that works.
    It doesn't really bother me on other people because no one I know seems to have it apart from me.

7. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you get the right kind of makeup it won't make the acne worse. The issue that I run into is that sometimes it's hard to completely hide the acne with makeup.

8. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah it's funny because acne is supposed to effect around 80% of people between the ages of 15-20 but I rarely see it on other people either.