1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you realize?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BothWaysSecret, May 31, 2017.

1. Emma 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    started questioning at 16...I'm 18 now and identify as a lesbian...but sometimes I have doubts- is that normal?

2. Lambeau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've always really known, but I didn't realize until I was 19. I never went through a period of "questioning". For the first 19 and a half years of my life I considered myself straight. Then I was sitting in an ethnic & gender equity class in college. The topic was gay & lesbian, and it just dawned on me. Hit me like a rock. From that point on I never denied it, I just accepted it. But I never really went through any kind of questioning period. It literally was like someone flipped a light switch and I was like, "DUH!"

3. Koizee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My entire life I've known I wasn't attracted to guys, I always just thought "So I wont ever date anyone ever, big deal" I never even considered I might be gay. It wasn't until last year, when I was 16 that I fell hard for a girl on swim team that I realized I was a lesbian.

4. LateNights

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I realized the moment I dreamed about my 2nd grade teacher who was also a female. I would literally think about her everyday and was more excited about seeing her rather than hanging out with classmates.

5. izziep11

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    There were a lot of signs that I like girls that I ignored. I made lesbian couples on the Sims when I was like 9 or 10, but I didn't want my parents to find out. This is kinda funny, I remember the first time I ever heard the song "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry I was like "hey, I wanna kiss a girl!" When I was around 12 I had a crush on one of my female friends. We're still friends and I still kinda have a crush on her. I didn't admit to myself that I like girls until I was 15.

6. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    About 13, came to terms with it at about 44.

7. Jazmine01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always had a feeling I wasn't straight. The label 'straight' just didn't feel right to me, even when I was little. I knew I was attracted to boys and girls, but didn't think much about it. Thankfully, I grew up in a very accepting family, so having a different sexuality didn't worry me. Around 2-3 years ago I started thinking more and more about my sexuality. I had a hard time figuring out if I was bisexual or pansexual. Now I am 15 and proudly out as pansexual.

8. Garm147

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe around my 25/26 years... at a work meeting... when i saw this beautiful nurse. I needed to listen what she was saying but... i got lost in her eyes. :slight_smile:

9. swimmingfly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    11 or 12: realized i was into girls as well as guys
    15: realized i was a lesbian

10. LisaJ

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With me being gender fluid,when I was 5 years old being the curious boy.I always had feelings that I was really male and female liking to wear girl's clothing

11. Taraeos

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was about sixteen. To be honest, I'd never really thought about it before then- but I'd never considered girls in that way either, I was far more focused on my school work and friends. Then I remember just lying in bed one night and thinking what it would be like to be with a guy (just generally) and then started considering it more and more as tine went on and realized that I was physically attracted to guys and not girls.

12. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I still think been gay is wrong because of my mental health problem. thats what my obsessive compulsive disorder is about every mental compulsive ritual I do I after say not gay. so it will take bit for me to say I am gay to people. I can mentally relise to my self I am gay and mental health worker and autism social worker. and here but not family.

#52 spaceintime2032, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  13. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've known I was bi since age sixteen, when I decided other people's prejudices don't have to define my life and allowed myself to be me. :slight_smile:
    The gray-A part of my orientation has always been more obvious and I've just always known that but didn't have a word. I thought I was just weird. The day I found out I wasn't alone was the best feeling in the world.

#53 The Escapist, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  14. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's rough. You will get through it though I promise you. <3
    My OCD had me constantly having to tell myself I AM this. I AM that. But instead I eventually decided to force myself to refuse that compelling voice and I have never felt more free.

15. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Can't say I know exactly when but I recall it being later in high school. I was like 16 or so. But to this day, I still don't know how I would identify my sexual orientation.

16. Landon

I was 12 and noticed that I found almost everyone hot and didn't have any standards. I was 100% I was bisexual, and at this time I just discovered the label. Just to ease my worries and judgemental opinions for others, I constantly reminded myself that I'm mainly heterosexual but would 100% date a girl if ONLY she is attracted to me.

Later on, I realized that girls were pretty darn hot and my opinions changed, I was still bisexual but with a STRONG preference of girls.

Turning 13, I was watching my favorite YouTuber, jefree star and realized I had a strong urge to date this person. I even though of having a relationship with them. And I also discovered that I had huge crushes on gay men. No matter their sexuality, I still wanted to date them. Then, I was introduced to gender identities. It came to the point where I found myself also attracted to nonbinary, transgenders, agender a, etc. and become very confused.

I rember being on tumblr one day and seeing the word 'pansexual' I fastly clicked on it and took awhile to process it. and now here I am, a 14year old pansexual!

17. Papa Joey

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well for the trans male part i guess there have allways been clues i just didnt put it together until recently. When i was real young i questioned being a boy and thought about it a lot before i knew it was a thing. I've allways been quite masculine in how i act and prefer boy cut stuff so when i heard trans male was a thing i thought about it for a bit and i guess it just clicked and i had that a ha moment. The pans part came when i realised i really jave no opposition to dating anyone i simply have a preference for men so i say im gay even though im totally down to date a girl if she's the right one. It sorta just comes with time. You experiment and question yourself and slowly figure it out.

18. dyates

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I thought about guys when I was like 12/13, but I felt pressed to date girls, I actually had a girlfriend when I was 15, and I realized I was gay, when I started to feel so uncomfortable with her to the point of not being able to kiss her.
    At that age I moved to another city, started to live alone, and that actually helped me with the process of finding myself. I had my first relationship with gay with 16.

19. lil miss hikes

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Growing up I was always a tomboy and had little crushes on girls here and there but never really gave it any thought . High school I was in a on and off relationship with my best friend, while still hooking up with guys during the off times. In my early 20's I never gave my sexuality a real thought , I just always assumed I was straight but just hadn't found the right person yet. A couple years ago , I thought I was crushing on this totally awesome guy , he was everything I thought I wanted, and we clicked and even went out on a couple dates. New Year's Eve he came over to my apartment to hang out , watch movies, and ring in the New Year together. At midnight he kissed me, and I felt nothing, I just wanted it to end, so it did. It was really awkward after that so he left, I think he could feel that I wasn't into it. After this I realized I actually wasn't into him , but I admired him, and wanted to truly just be his friend , not see him naked lol. This made me think of all the past attractions I had had towards girls in the past , and how I truly felt myself when I had been in a relationship with one. Walking down the street my eyes always gravitated towards the pretty girls , not the handsome guys.

20. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess I've kind of always known I had an odd interest in girls, I was just in denial. A few years ago I realized I wasn't the only one. A year ago was when I finally realized that I was gay.