1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused over shoe size MTF

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Bernice, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been cross dressing for years but lately have been more bolder and actually buying stuff from stores. A little while ago I saw some high heel shoes I like. Now I already had a pair of heels at home I'd brought online years ago in a size 10 but they are a bit big for me. I also have a pair of black boots I had from one on my ex girlfriends but I'd never noted what size they were only that they fitted well.
    So not knowing what size I was I looked for a male to female shoe conversion up on my phone. I'm a size 9 in a mans shoe and what I 'read' was you subtract 1.5 from men's size to women's meaning I wanted a 7 or 8. I decided to get a size 8 to be sure. Love the shoes and they fit great. I also checked the boots and found they were also an 8. So all good I thought.

Then a few weeks later I'm talking to a female friend about shoes and mention about how you subtract 1.5 from men's to get women's size. But she tells me I'm wrong and that its + 1.5. I later look again online and it looks like she is right.

So am I just odd that I seem to need smaller women shoes then my male shoe or has anyone else had this?

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i've had to move up 2 sizes, or my last pair i bought 3 sizes i have quite wide feet. if they're just a bit big i use little inserts in the heel so my heel doesnt rise up when i walk and make the shoes flip and flop.

3. grass

grass Guest

Go by European sizes. they're standardized and are the same for men's and women's shoes.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's entirely strange. I am an approximately 10 in men's and anywhere from 11 to 12 women.

I tend to do the european/cm mark which for me is very consistent around 27.5 to 28 cm preferably.

5. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i'am a size 9 in mens but in womens i take a size 10. but depending on the shoes, i need a wider one so a 10 wide

6. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I must be truly odd. I normally wear either a size 13 wide or 14 regular in men's shoes (depending on the brand) and a size 13 in women's. I may be down to a smaller shoe size in both as these sizes are based on what I was years ago and I've lost a lot of weight since then as I think your feet get wider when you get heavier ( to help support the weight) and narrower to a degree when you lose weight (less weight to support).

Best way you can figure it out is to go into an actual shoe store or somewhere that sells shoes and try on a few pair to see what size fits the best. You may get a few odd looks from any other customers that might be in there, but the employees probably won't bat an eye and may even help you get fitted properly and you like.

7. SchizoBurrito13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    since i'm a 11 1/2 in womans, 9 1/2 - 10 work for me

8. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually fit into size 10 for women's boots and size 7 men's tennis shoes. As for dress shoes, I usually fit in size 6 women's shoes.

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wait... what?

10. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thats odd!

11. Islanzadi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It can get complicated! European size are standardized and in cm so you're size will always be the same, wheter they are woman or man shoes, and wheter they are made smaller or not, so this would be the easiest way to shop shoes (especially if you shop online).

For american size measurements, some people say it's +1,5 from men to women size, but I read in some places that it's +2,5. However, this can vary a lot if the shoes are made "bigger" or "smaller". Different shoe models identified as the same size may not be the actual same size. Example, in women size, I wear size 9 or 10 when the shoes are made big (like running shoes, or converse), and I wear 10 or 11 for all the other types of shoes (fancy leather shoes or heels are usually made smaller). In men size, I wear 7 to 7,5 for shoes made bigger, and 8 to 8,5 for shoes made smaller. It can get complicated, but in european size, I always wear size 40, no matter what type of shoes I try on so I shop using that instead.

Since they often give you the european size on the label inside your shoes along with the american size, I suggest you find out what your european size is and use this for shopping! Or you can just go shopping in person and try them out before you buy them! :slight_smile:

12. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, I don't really get it either. I wonder if shoe padding is a factor but idk. Also I get the different types of shoes from different brands so I guess that might be something. (Columbia boots, Nike tennis shoes, Heels from Target) BTW, I typically wear men's tennis shoes because I like the way they look.

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have a 4 shoe size diffeRenee? Jesus then I should be able to fit into 7s...

14. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Any advice for a tiny guy with tiny feet?

15. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Basically, women's clothing sizes are all over the place and REALLY messed up- I know a friend who is a 6 in some things and a 10 in other clothing. Welcome to the woman's world of clothes...

16. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    your best to try shoes on. depends on the style of the shoe or boot, and alot of other things. if their a pump shoe best to wear tight or pantyhoes with them. boots the a nice ankle sock or something. you should very much try on shoes

17. LadyLikeDream

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This kinda strange, the only thing that comes in my mind that the previous shoe you have it was some how stretched due to use or the material it was made of allow it to stretch that much, however if your looking to find out about your size the best thing to do is you go to any shoes store and make sure you try different styles because some styles fit different, the only way to tel is to try yourself .

18. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Men's size-8=women's size 9.5 in my case for example. So the woman's number will be larger than the men's. I haven't worn women's shoes in forever but I was about a 9.5. In men's I wear an 8.5 in tennis shoes and an 8 in dress shoes. Idk if women's sizes differ like that. Probably.