1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cameras

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Angus44, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Angus44

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I do a lot of filmmaking in my free time and I currently use the Nikon D5200 which I'm borrowing from my sister and is more of a photography camera. Anyway, I have been deciding on a new camera to save up for and I'm currently thinking about the Panasonic gh5 (assuming the price eventually comes down). Is anyone else into filmmaking/photography and if so what's your opinion? Is there any specific camera or other piece of equipment you're saving up for?
    -Gus

2. 12am0na

I'm a fan of the mirrorless cameras when it comes to filmmaking as they are more compact than the DSLRs. I guess it really depends on what you are looking for in terms of quality for the final product. Bigger sensors are best for anything going on a big screen. If you see your videos mostly on TVs and computer monitors, just about any camera will do. The best piece of advice I can give is to try out cameras and research them. There are so many out there and each has their own personality. I've shot with Canon most of my life so I tend to be a Canon shooter, but Panasonic gets good ratings as does Sony.

3. Angus44

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah I've thought about full-frame cameras like the a7s ii (mostly for the low light capabilities) but I really like what I've seen from the gh5 even with the smaller micro 4/3 sensor. I have also definitely thought about Canon, but I'm looking to try to get into 4k video which cameras like the 80D are missing. Anyway, those are my thoughts and thanks for the response!

4. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have been using a Kodiak Playsport, which is water proof and shock resistant. Not a high end camera for film by any means, but it takes good clear pictures and has survived being taped to an RC truck and rolled over several times, along with being clipped a dozen or so times.

It doesn't have steady hand or anti shake, but it will last over 4 hours on a charge, and accepts SD cards. Plus it is small enough to just stuff in your pocket and take anywhere if that is important. It's smaller than most smart phones.

5. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have two screen shots captured from one of my videos uploaded in my gallery here on the site if you want to check them out. Both are fast action as they are my dog chasing a RC truck.

6. Angus44

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
  7. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Like I said its probably not a power house camera, but it is pretty solid. I hit it again with a truck yesterday, still works awesome.

8. Angus44

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Reliable action cams are always great :slight_smile:

9. Imaginations

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would recommend the A6300 or the A6500, they are cheaper than the GH5, have a bigger sensor, come with S-Log out of the box and can record 4k. The A6300 is less than 1000$ USD now.