1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need sonething explained

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by RoseChan00, Jun 9, 2017.

1. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I posted a thread some time ago and one reply i received was that i was, potentially, a Demi-Sexual. Even after searching it, i still don't understand what it is. If anyone would like a link to my other thread, i can try to edit it in, but I would rather my question of what demi-sexuality is.

2. condorqueen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You only experience sexual attraction to those who you have forged close emotional bonds with, I believe.

3. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I could have sworn that was something else from what i was told before... which is why i was confused. But, thank you, that... shouod have been obvious to me to begin with that i was just told the wrong thing by whoever i asked before...

That sirt of aounda right to me, actually. But i'm gonna wait jsut a bit before i reallt say "This is me"

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Demisexuality isn't a widely recognized or accepted sexual orientation. If it were, about half the population of the US would be classified as demisexual.

That said, transpeople who are in the process of identifying themselves as trans or in the early transition stages typically have a lot of complexities in understanding sexual attraction and orientation, because their arousal and expression is wrapped up inside a lot of emotional stuff, gender dysphoria, body image issues, and societal disapproval all of which can really mess with how you view yourself.

Personally, I think the label is less important than simply being yourself and taking the time to understand who you are, and letting the label come later.

5. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was jsit curious what the labek even really meant. I plan to just discover myself...