1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polyamorous Partner?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Artist Girl, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Artist Girl

Hey guys! So I had a question about having a polyamorous (I don't know if I'm spelling that right) partner. I identify as Panromantic, i don't really know about sexuality but that does affect this. So basically being pan is just attracted to anyone, including girls, guys, and anyone who is nonbinary. In case you didn't know. So I'm dating this person who we will call X. X is nonbinary or trans masculine, unsure so far but I'll use male pronouns. X recently told me that he is polyamorous, aka attracted to more than one person at once if I'm getting this right. However, I'm not sure if it's kinda weird that I only love X, but he will also be with someone else?? I don't really know how to respond to this, and it might be really weird if I eventually met someone who X was also dating...any advice/feedback? Thanks guys!

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Have you heard of the "look and don't touch" rule? Basically means that you can be in a relationship with someone, and find others attractive as long as you don't do anything. Since it's quite common to hear, I assume that many others also find people attractive whilst dating another person. Of course, that rule also implies they won't be doing anything.

Polyamorous is where the person is *with* more than one person. Sometimes it's an open relationship, sometimes it's closed with 3+ people in the 'set up'.

If you do not want to be with this person, then you have every right to leave.

3. Artist Girl

Alright, cool. Thank you!