1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to ask for a new friends number???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by faultyink, Jun 8, 2017.

1. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    as in, someone who you only started talking to recently but feel like you connect with ok!!

I feel like I'm overthinking how awkward this question is?

2. caustic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I tend to overthink things, too. Maybe just try something simple, like "could I have your phone number?" Or you could ask them if there's another way you could keep in touch outside of whatever it is you know them from.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I think offer yours first then there is no chance of it coming across too forward.

4. Artist Girl

I find myself overthinking these things too, definitely. So personally I would first ask for it in a casual, platonic way, just as friends. Then, you can maybe tell them eventually or soon, whatever you want, that you like them romantically. TIP: I've used one thing before that helps me once you DO have their number and you're texting. I'll bring up something about crushes and wait for them to ask me if I have a crush. Once they ask, you send, "yeah, you" and wait for a response. Of the response is negative, you correct yourself to "yeah, you?" This way it won't be awkward for either of you because your crush on them is still hidden. I don't know if anyone else likes this idea, I do though. Hope this helps!
    Xoxo
    Artist Girl

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just ask for the number, without fanfare or evasion or a complex prelude.

People know when you overthink things. When you learn to start being direct, the next time becomes just a little bit easier. If a friend is going to give you their number, they will give you their number.

6. CrystalWolf

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm with silverhalo, I always give my phone number first and it's quite logical that they respond with their own number. :slight_smile: Don't overthink, it is a very simple act and a natural part of forming a relationship. Just say that it is easier for you to keep in touch via phone because you're not often in facebook or something like that.