1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think im going crazy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by faultyink, Jun 8, 2017.

1. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's this girl in my class who I started talking to 3 ish weeks ago (I didn't start earlier because 1. she's not present very often and 2. I'm horrible at initiating friendships). Anyway, every time she's in class I make a point to talk to her, even if it's just to compliment her hair. But the thing is, I really, really like her. Whenever she's not in class, I just gaze at the door or mindlessly doodle. And there's only one week left of school, which really scares me because what if I never talk to her again after this?? She's a year younger than me, and really quiet, and has a lot of anxiety, so it's highly unlikely she'll approach me first or even say hello in the halls. I really want to ask for her number, but I'm scared it will come off as too forward or just awkward. I know if I don't get her number, I'll end up being sad and regretful all summer...
    what should I do?? and how should I ask??

2. Alexis17

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey there!
    I have been in a similar position to you before. When I was first figuring out my sexuality I was extremely awkward around girls I liked XD
    If you'd like to spend more time with her at school you could maybe invite her to sit with you at lunch? And if she says yes and you get on well you could suggest meeting up over the summer when school is finished. If she seems cool with it then you could ask her for her number to help you guys plan what you're going to do.
    I hope this helps! Good luck my friend! :slight_smile:

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey what about giving her your number and then hopefully she will respond by giving you hers.

4. Artist Girl

Hey! So I think that my advice would be that you first ask to exchange numbers platonically: you don't ask it in any romantic or dramatic way, just something like, "wanna keep in touch this summer?" Or "I've had fun hanging out with you this year and I'm wondering if you wanted to figure out a time to get together this summer?" Something casual like that. Then, eventually or soon you could tell her about you liking her romantically. BONUS TIP: once you DO get her number and want to tell her you like her, bring up crushes over text. Once she asks you if you have one, respond with simply, "yeah, you" and wait for a response. If the response is negative, correct yourself to, "yeah, you?" This way if she doesn't like you back (which would suck:/) then nothing is too awkward. But if she likes you back, you got yourself a girlfriend! Hope this helps!
    Xoxo
    Artist Girl