1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i pass with long hair?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by staries, Jun 8, 2017.

1. staries

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hey everyone! it's been a while :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    so, it's been almost a year since i cut my hair. in middle school it was the middle of my chest, and over my time my mother cut it shorter and shorter until it hit maybe an inch or two below my shoudlers. then one summer day in july of 2016, she cut my hair into a curly pixie-ish cut. i loved it at the time, until i realized that my hair was too curly for the style i wanted, and very annoying to wear straight.

long story short, my hair is at a very short bob right now, and i am thinking of just letting it grow out until it's really long. are there ways i could pass with long hair? please leave any tips below.

2. Naos210

Well, that would depend on a lot of factors. If you're going through hormone treatment, you'd likely be growing facial hair. Which would definitely help you pass. That aside, it really depends on your appearance, and how you present yourself. You might be able to pass with your voice, if it can get into a male's typical range. Along with that, buy more masculine clothing. Were you passing when your hair was short? If you were, it shouldn't be too difficult then.

#2 Naos210, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  3. AaronV

I think it depends on a lot of factors that were mentioned in the post above. Maybe also keep in mind that there are many cis guys with long hair who get mistaken for girls from the back, simply because society still thinks long hair = woman.