1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I too obsessive?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jamescool, Jun 8, 2017.

1. jamescool

Hey everyone,

I'm suspecting that I may be too obsessive lol. My bf and I call and chat with each other every day, since we confessed and tell each other about our feelings. However, for the past few days, he's been very quiet and doesn't reply my message often. His replies are also very brief and casual. Not sure if there's something wrong or I'm just too obsessive and have to give him some personal time? :eusa_doh: Nothing like this has happened before though, this is the first time that's why I'm feeling weird.

Thank you!!!

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, it could be something and it cool be nothing. It's difficult not to over analyse things once you have noticed them. My best advice is to communicate. Tell him you feel he is a bit distance and if he has stuff going on that's ok but that if he wants to talk you are there or something like that.

3. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would share with him that you are noticing that he seems more distant (use your own words) and ask him if everything is OK. Maybe he's busy at work / school or something else not related to the relationship. Communicating with your BF in a non-threatening way is the best way to find out.

4. jamescool

Thanks for the replies silverhalo and SiennaFire.

I'm not sure if he is really busy because I've seen him being active on the social media, that's what makes me curious. It's kind of sudden I don't know why. Anyway I'll try to ask him about it!

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is he introverted? If he is, he might just need some space that doesn't have anything to do with losing interest.

If not, he might be busy with work or in a bad mood/doesn't want to talk about it.

6. jamescool

Thanks Creativemind.

Yep, and I'm introverted too, but I share every single thing with him as he is my bf ☺ . I hope he can tell me about what's happening too instead of going like MIA suddenly.

7. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think different people have different levels of introversion. I'm also an introvert, but I can't stand talking to someone every day, even if they're my SO. For me, I get in a habit of texting them daily when we first start dating, but then I start to withdraw and want to be completely left alone for the day. This is especially true if I have work or school stress. There isn't anyone in the world that would be an exception to me needing a full day of space from time to time, though I do make that clear.

I don't know if he's the same, but he could just be overwhelmed and wanted space for the day. Sometimes people don't want to talk about it because that also causes another conversation which is what you don't want. Hopefully he'll be honest about what's bugging him though...I usually tell my friends/SO's that I don't want to talk or that I'm busy. Better to be honest so people aren't worrying about you like in your case, lol

8. jamescool

Yeah but mine's going on for days now. He has never done anything like this before I think, and this is very sudden. Yeah like you said things would be better if he could just send me a message saying that he's busy. I would be relieved.

Thanks a lot!

9. shymeeee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think you're obsessive. That term gets thrown around a lot---too much--especially when something is up. Try to talk to him. If he is unwilling to speak to your satisfaction then it might be time to start letting go. Or, hang on and get emotionally scarred.

10. jamescool

Thanks shymeeee,

Nooo I don't think I will let go because of this. We love each other so much. I think he is just secretive. Will see if things are going back to normal soon.

11. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How long have you been dating and how old are you?

12. jamescool

Well everything is alright now. Yeah he's just a bit tired and he said that he has the habit of putting down everything when it happens. We're back to normal now!

Hi SiennaFire,

I'm not sure when was considered as the time we started dating. Our relationship starts from a normal friendship and we tell each other our feelings eventually. There was no actual confession lol. We reveal ourselves bit by bit. I'm 16.

13. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    jamescool -

Glad to hear that everything is alright with you and your BF. My earlier questions are less relevant now that things are back to normal with you guys.

14. jamescool

Alright thank you for your concern :kiss:

15. jamescool

Ok so now things aren't good. I've caught him lying to me. He is using his phone as I see him active on places like I said, and yes he did reply others' messages but not mine, then only reply me hours later (if I am lucky!). It's like I have the least priority, hell! I've talked to him about it and asked him why and he gave me some other reasons again. ???

Well I'm not sure why but I have not done anything wrong and neither he has. We are like nothing is happening in real-life but something is going on with him changing his behaviour when messaging me. I have no idea what is happening. Could it be that the passionate has gone just like other couples after some time where we do not text or call each other all the time?

Replies are very appreciated. ♥