1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could it be possible she's fallen in love with me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by IHaveThisFriend, Jun 7, 2017.

1. IHaveThisFriend

Ok so first off all of my friends think I'm straight. That being said, I met a girl this year and she started hanging out with my friend group because we had a lot in common. Everything was like a casual friendship and then one evening she was hanging out at our place and we were acting silly taking pictures and she started leaning on my shoulder. No biggy I know, but then it slowly started becoming a casual thing. After a while, I noticed that she really loved to give me hugs. Sometimes she would hug me and start to walk away but just turn around and hug me again. Sometimes she would repeat this 3 or 4 times. We started being more cuddly and spending a lot of time together and I realized she started questioning when people would message me. Mostly guys but as soon as a name would pop up on my phone it was an immediate "Who is that?" It was like she had to know their relation to me.

Fast forward a few weeks and we were sitting on a chair and she was touching my arm and her hand runs over my hand and so I made a move and interlocked my fingers with hers. She wasn't taken aback by it and even started wanting to hold my hand after that. She always had to be touching me. Playing footsie under the table, holding my hand, just being close in some form or fashion. One day I was sitting on my bed and she came and stood with her back to me. I positioned my hands near her waist to see what she would do and she took my arms and wrapped them around her waist. It finally got to the point where she was spending the night with us on a regular basis and she slept in my bed. Nothing out of the ordinary except the touchy feely intensified majorly. We were always interlocked somehow but usually with her wrapped around me with her whole body and her head on my chest. It became a nightly thing and then it happened. One night she had her back to me and slowly started inching her way to me until we were right up against each other. I took the hint and threw my arm over her. Suddenly nothing was off limits. We've never kissed or anything but she started doing this thing where she would take my finger and run it over her lips and even nibble on it. Anytime I wanted to put my hands on her I could - waist, hands, face, neck, whatever. She also stares at me a lot and if I look at her she gets a faint grin that just seems sort of endearing.

It all seems a bit much for someone who claims to be straight. Opinions would be nice on the matter, however. It's almost as though we are in an unspoken relationship already. Even my other friends have noticed how she looks at me and that she seems to get jealous when I give others attention. They've all questioned our relationship. What do you all think?

azzi likes this.
  2. Altruistic blue

This was very entertaining to read haha, I think you should just ask her tbh. Do you notice this behavior with anyone else? Or is it directed towards you? At the very least she is just very comfortable around you. But you could also ask her if she has questioned her sexuality etc if you guys can have open discussions like that

3. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Depends, how old are you?

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It could be. I guess my first question would be you identify as straight so how do you feel about it?

5. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It definitely sounds like it, although maybe try to find a way to ask her (at first)that won't scare her away, only just in case it is that she's just comfortable with you, then take it from there. Best wishes!! It does sound amazing already!

6. Mark1410

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Maybe she is. She may be "claiming to be straight", like you say, but I think that she's still closeted, and in love with you, but she fears that if she'd show her true feelings, especially for you, you could reject her. You should try to talk to her, and to ask yourself too if you like her, and how would you feel, if your friendship would become something more.

Good luck, hope this could be something amazing for both of you!