1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleeping Naked

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GayIsTheWay374, Jun 7, 2017.

1. GayIsTheWay374

In my room, I have a box AC unit in my window. It is a loft-type situation. It gets very hot during the day and it stays hot during the night until around 2-4 am.
    So, due to this and more comfort, I sleep naked. But: my parents don't allow this. I will lock my door, but then they will get mad for me locking my door.

What can I do?

2. deepwaters7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok, I thought sleeping naked was just me.
    I don't really have any advice, maybe someone else will. Perhaps you could use a light sheet to cover yourself and just close, not lock, your door? That's all I have...Sorry

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey GayIsTheWay374,

Have you tried explaining this to your parents? If the main reason that you sleep naked is because of the heat, can they do anything to make your room cooler?

4. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don't have any advice, but I do sleep naked in the summer as well because its too warm for any sorta clothes..

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love sleeping naked in the summer because it gets so hot where I live. The AC works fine but it feels better nude.

6. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My door doesn't have a lock and I share it with my younger brother, I just cover myself with a really light sheet and make sure I always have clothes resting on my bed for the morning.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    WTF to your parents "not allowing" you to sleep naked. That's absolutely ridiculous. What possible justification do they have for concerns about you sleeping naked? This sounds like a very abnormal and distorted fear of nudity or something.

8. Haru

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always sleep naked. Winter or Summer, don't matter, I always do it. It's a comfort thing.

Yeah, your parents sound like overprotective nut cases. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. You have a right to privacy, they should respect that. If they don't then they're just really bad people.

9. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

I agree with Chip, there's something up with your parents.. were they raised in a cult? I'm pretty sure sleeping naked is actually better for you in the long run as well, humans are not designed to be wrapped in cloth 24/7.

10. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If sleeping naked isn't an option (which sounds ridiculous to be honest), you could get an oscillating fan for your room. Might be blowing hot air to you, but it's better than nothing.

11. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't believe they would care or it would even have been discussed and sorry you're stuck in that situation. I like the fan idea, if they allow those. I'd probably try sleeping nude anyway unless they come into your room at random times to check. Using a damp cloth feels nice and cool on the forehead and chest or anywhere. Mist your body with water in a spray bottle. As the water evaporates it removes heat from your skin, creating a cooling effect. Of course that'll only help while you're awake. Good luck to you and I know sleeping in hot weather can suck. We didn't even have AC growing up, just fans and open windows.

12. GayIsTheWay374

I agree completely!

IKR! There are even more health benefits to sleeping naked rather than having clothes or PJs on.

Yeah...that's part of the reason I'm not out to them.

My parents have been talking about me getting extra fans in my room to help move the air, but they keep putting it off. They do come in randomly to check or to tell me good night. There are often times where I will be asleep and my mom will get home at 2 am from work because she had to do special buy and then she would wake me up to tell me good night.....2...a....m!!!!

13. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tell your parents you are locking your door so that they will be forced to fucking let you sleep, you are a teenager and need proper rest. Lol.

Just make sure to prelude it with a, I'm not saying I don't like it that you care enough to tell me goodnight, but...

#13 Humbly Me, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2017
  14. Senpai25

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to agree that your parents are going overboard as far as the issue is concerned. If it is too hot in my room, sometimes I will sleep topless but keep clothes on my bottom. Typically this would be in conjunction with a fan going but not always. Perhaps sleeping half naked like that could serve as an interim measure.

15. Grounded Eagle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm curious to know what your parents' objection is to your sleeping nude. Are they afraid of accidentally seeing you without clothes on? Perhaps you could compromise and tell them you won't lock your door if they promise to knock, so you can still sleep nude but cover up first if they need to enter. Or maybe try sleeping in just your underwear. At any rate, do explain to them that the heat is a problem that affects your sleep.

Personally, I can't sleep at all when I get too warm, so I only wear a pair of boxer briefs and a light tank top shirt, and sometimes I even remove the shirt. Plus I have a small fan blowing on me all night.