1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can my boyfriend stay happy in our relationship?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by walnutwhales, Jun 5, 2017.

1. walnutwhales

I talked about my current issue in 2 others threads. Basically I found out my boyfriend is bisexual, after two years of telling me he's gay, so it was initially a shock when he told me, but I don't mind.

It just leaves me trying to guess whether or not he'll be okay with never being able to have sexual encounter with a woman in his life. I've been talking to him more and more about our feelings and wants and needs in the relationship and he told me that he'll always want me more than he could ever want any woman, but also there won't ever be anything I could do to replicate the sexual attraction he has for a woman. And I understand completely it just hurts me because I just wish I could be the only one he would ever feel anything for. And I know that's not realistic for anyone of any orientation or sexuality. But how come I know I'd feel better if I knew he could only feel attraction towards men?

For more context his bisexuality is 70% leaning towards men and 30% towards women. He prefers to date men and wants to marry a man. But also his curiosity and desire to engage in sex with a woman is pretty high. Should I let him have sex with a woman just one time while we're still together so he can have the experience? I know it wouldn't cause him to leave me which is why I'm willing, despite feeling hurt by it. I just don't want him to be unhappy in the future never having had the chance to experience both genders he's attracted to.

I just want to know anyone's opinion on if this relationship can work. But would it be possible for my boyfriend to stay happy in it if he never gets to act on his attraction towards women? Or would it be better to let him have sex with a woman so I don't restrict him from experiencing something he's always wanted to?

2. Itisthefear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey there!

I think that you should not be too worried about it because from what you are saying, at least for now everything is fine between you two!
    Just because he might like women as well sexually, doesnt really mean he shud give it a shot. At least for now, you are young and there are PLENTY of things that might change, so just enjoy the journey, if you guys have a Relationship based on Communication and Trust, he will let you know if something is up, and he wants to "experiment"
    How long have you guys been together?

3. skittlz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think the relationship's fine. The whole experimenting or not situation really just depends on the individuals, so just make sure to be on the same page with things. :slight_smile:

4. walnutwhales

We've known each other for two years and have dropped hints since we first met that we liked each other but only recently (maybe in April) decided to make it official. And yeah our relationship is completely based off of communication and trust because we started out with the intention of just being friends.

I'm just worried about him feeing regret for not experimenting. Or that he'll never want to tell me because I told him it would hurt me but I put it strongly that I want him to experiment if he felt that would make him feel comfortable in staying monogamous for the remainder of our relationship.