1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unprotected anal sex risks for virgins?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Keita, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Keita

Hi--what potential STD risks exist if me and by BF are both virgins? I read that it is possible the top can get a urinary tract infection...is that very likely and worth worrying about?

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never gotten a urinary tract infection through anal sex (and I'm a top btw), but it is possible, yes. If you do get a UTI it'll just be a hastle to deal with since you gotta take meds to take care of it.

With regards to STD's/HIV, one person must have it (and be the carrier so to speak). From there, any type of unprotected sex (anal or oral), is a route for transmission. If neither of you had sex before, it's safe to say that neither one of you will catch anything from each other.

But, I'd look into the STD testing process just to see what it's like. It is crucial you understand the routes of transmissions, the types of STD's you can get, and the symptoms that come with it. Unfortunately, there are people out there that do not take care of themselves and pass on STD's to others, so it's your job to take care of yourself.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you start using condoms, then you'll set good, healthy habits from the outset. You'll also avoid UTIs, and have a lot less mess and fuss.

There is simply NO valid reason, if you care about each other as well as your own health, to not use condoms Every. Single. Time. It eliminates worry, it gives you options other than putting your partner at risk in the event that, for some reason, you have a momentary lapse in judgment with someone else and are taking the time to decide when/how to tell your partner.

Quite honestly, the only people who don't use condoms are the ones who don't give a crap about their own health/safety, or that of their partner.

4. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Always use protection no matter how long you are in a relationship whit someone
    cause there is still no100% cure for AIDS.

And i would never trust the "im a virgin" sentence. Too many have giving in to that.
    No matter how much you love or trust each other, it's not enough to cure a lifetime sickness.

#4 Fishtail, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  5. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just wear condoms. There are an inumerable number of diseases and infections that are not even STIs/STDs that you could be exposed to in unprotected sex.

6. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's definitely people out there that claim they are safe but do things behind your back, for sure. Like everyone else is saying, if you really want to avoid any complications such as STD's, HIV, or a UTI, then always wear a condom.

It's fair to say that people who do not use condoms put themselves at a greater risk for catching diseases.

7. Keita

Thanks for the advice guys! Not exactly the answer I was *hoping* for lol, but you are right.

8. Islanzadi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There is NO cure for HIV/AIDS, and every time you have unprotected sex you put yourself at risk to get infected (because you never know if your partner tells the truth). Better safe than sorry.

9. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you don't both have rings on your finger and are married, wear a condom!

10. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't imagine ever doing anal sex without a condom, just for the hygiene component. With all the necessary precautions I imagine there could still be problems in this area so better safe than sorry & embarrassed AF

11. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    first me and my other half got tested to be safe. once that is cleared up it all depends on trust. if u are happy, then i guess its all good. would recommend condoms though as u really do never know, and if u are both new to this it would make more sence while u findout what u like

12. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The thing is, I don't look at it as trust. I look at it as self-care, and true love. If both of you always use condoms, you are saying "I love you enough to always take steps to ensure you and I both stay safe and healthy." That way, if one of you happens to be in a situation where something happens -- which is always a possibility if you drink or use any drugs, or even if you have a huge fight and are angry for a night or something -- you aren't immediately put in the situation of having to immediately, at that moment, choose between putting your partner at risk or telling the truth.

If people get off of the idea that it's an issue of trust, and simply look at it as genuine caring for your partner's health as well as your own, then it makes even more sense.