1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversational Come-out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NoPlaceLikeHomo, Jun 4, 2017.

1. NoPlaceLikeHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So far the only way I've ever come out to anyone has been off the cuff, unplanned, and relevant to the conversation. I tried to bring up the topic to come out to someone and I couldn't bring myself to do it. I feel like I've been using my friends' conversations as a crutch to get through the hardest step of coming out to people, but I'm not going to have that when I eventually tell my family. Advice?

2. thisisawug

Starting the conversation can definitely be the hardest part! You could try bringing up LGBT-related news stories or current events if it's easier than bringing up your own sexuality directly? Otherwise you could try writing a letter - that's how I came out to my dad and his partner. Once he'd read the letter he came and found me and I found it much easier to answer his questions than it would have been for me to bring up the conversation myself. Good luck with it! :slight_smile:

3. poltergirl

Hey, I'm a young gay too!! Nice to meet you. The way I'm coming out, is through when the time is right. When the chemistry & mood between you and the other person/people is just right, when you feel the best.