1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bombshell!! Advice, friendly words needed asap

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by ShortButSweet, Jun 4, 2017.

1. ShortButSweet

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My Mum just rang and we got chatting and she asked how my husband and I were. I can't lie at the best of times but I certainly can't lie to her. Idiot over here blurted everything out :bang: Sh*t!! I'm so close to tears right now and I'm at work. She was amazing as always but said she'd be so upset if we separated and "could I not learn to love him like that?" I feel so ashamed. Help

2. Ronintroy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You have nothing to be ashamed of.. you just told her what was really happening. There's nothing wrong with that. It's ok. Slow down

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Mom, it's my life, not yours. I need to live it the way I was intended to live it."

4. Groovygabster

I get it. I grew up in a black church that preached about the Sodomites alot, and really loved the old testament. Up until a few years ago I knew I was gay but thought that marrying a woman was the only thing I could do, because of those mistakes I actually lost my virginity to a girl. I was lucky enough to realize my mistake at 15 because I had several close friends who helped me out because they knew who I was, but I really could've ended up marrying that girl. It really helps to put things in perspective, you're 36, you have only used up a third of your life and most people fine "the one" at least 3 different times. Everything is not over, you're still young and got a lot of life and love ahead of you.

5. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As previous poster have said, you have nothing to be ashamed about. You should live your life for you (which I know isn't always easy). Nobody justifies their life choices to you. You don't need to justify yours to anyone else.

Also, don't be so hard on yourself. I think you've been incredibly brave. I've not read all your posts, but you appear to be making amazing progress.

Take care (*hug*)

6. ShortButSweet

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just seen to a couple of patients and managed to calm down. She said 'I'm going to hang up now before I start crying" I wanted to sit down with her and talk through everything. Why did I do that?! Lol. Thanks for replying guys. I think she's just worried I'll end up a lonely old spinster. Although she loves gay men (the camp ones) she can't bear to think of 2 women together. She's always known about my encounters with girls/women but still says "it's a phase" I'm 36 Mum!! This "phase" has lasted 20 years!!:roflmao:

7. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be sure, she is probably surprised and in a bit of shock. She will need to go through her own morning process so to speak. Have patience. Sounds like you have a good mom.

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey take a deep breath. You don't need to feel ashamed. Give it time and after a while you will be glad you did it even f it doesn't feel like it.
    (*hug*)