1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pride Weekend!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by CyclingFan, Jun 2, 2017.

1. CyclingFan

Woo! It's Pride weekend here! Looking forward to some fun in the sun and some garshdarn queer visibility!

Anyone else going to one this weekend?

2. HerRainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My local pride was last week. Although I didn't go to that one, I'd love to go to one this year. It looks pretty fun :newcolor:

3. randomconnorcon

My city's Pride Weekend is not until July. I'm hoping I'm either off work or have a new job that doesn't work weekends by then, because I don't want to miss it.

*I know I'm possibly too young to post in this section, but it's only in the last couple of years I've been confident enough to actually go to Pride and I'm pretty excited.

#3 randomconnorcon, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  4. Adray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your post is fine, Sam!

Our local PrideFest was a couple of weeks ago here. I was a volunteer who helped to set-up for the event, first thing in the morning. Our local LGBT Center organized the event, and I'm a volunteer with them, too. So as a set-up volunteer, I worked for a few hours carrying and placing tables and chairs for the vendors area and then hanging PrideFest banners on city bus stop shelters (it actually looked pretty awesome). It was my second year doing set-up. It was fun and I met new LGBT friends. Then, when the parade came up the street toward the area we set up for the ribbon-cutting, it was a great feeling of pride and just awesomeness.

I went back home and got my family and came back to PrideFest. We had some food, listened to some music, shopped the vendors, etc. Had to leave early because my band was playing a show that night (not at PrideFest).

I love Pride! And volunteering is fun, I'd encourage any to consider it if you haven't.