1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, I have a change of plan...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DusDogs, May 31, 2017.

1. DusDogs

Okay,
    The original plan was that I was going to come out to my parents as gay, but I am also BiRomantic. But now I want to come out to them as a BiRomantic Homosexual... But I am not sure how to explain it to them, should I come out as Bi attracted mostly to boys... Or should I explain that I look at boys and girls in a different way... And also my parents have no real knowledge of LGBT, I also think they don't know the English word Gay means. Don't know if they know that there are people who are attracted to both genders... And that there is also something that is called Romantic attraction...

Is it best to come out as Bi (which I also need to explain)?

Or explain Romantic Attraction? Or come out as Gay? :help:

PS. Think my mom is and Ace, never said anything about men. Only about what nice girls are based on how they act, and that is something I can agree on...

2. DusDogs

Anybody? Please help...

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey DusDogs,

You can identify your sexual orientation in any manner that suits you.

The reality is that there is no formally identified category of sexuality called ‘biromantic’ – only heterosexual, homosexual and bisexual.

Would you ever have a girlfriend? If the answer is no, then why confuse your parents?

You can be gay and really like girls as close friends, but not be at all interested sexually in them.

Just some thoughts.

4. LonerGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're biromantic, and therefore potentially bringing either male or female partners home to meet the family, you could tell your parents you are bi. You could explain the difference with romantic attraction but, in my view, doesn't necessarily have to be in the same conversation. If your parents have no real knowledge of LGBT+ it may cause them confusion. Discussing in more detail could be a more gradual process.

Best of luck :slight_smile:

5. DusDogs