1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Pride Tattoos?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by angeluscrzy, May 29, 2017.

1. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I just found out there is a tattoo shop like two towns over from me, and ever since I've been dying to go get more ink. I want to get the atheism symbol (rainbow color scheme) on my inner left forearm. I plan on getting a "punisher" skull on my right forearm. I am trying to "balance out the gay" I guess. Ha ha.
    Anyway, I was just curious if anyone else has gotten any tattoos of their own to express their sexuality. If so, did many even seem to notice it? Did it help you get approached? I'm very shy and honestly kinda hope some cute guy will see it and actually flirt. That would be great.
    Also, did anyone see it and give you grief at all? I'm already brainstorming possible responses to anyone who may react negatively.

#1 angeluscrzy, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
  2. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm thinking about it too, but I'd want it to be discreet. I don't mind if it gets recognized by LGBT people but it could be as well be readable only by me and by whoever I tell the meaning. It could be something completely unique and personal and I haven't found it yet. I said in another thread I was thinking about a hydrangea flower because they come in pink, blue and all the colours in between depending on the soil, or a violet because it has been used as a symbol of love between women in the early 20th century.

3. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The violet sounds cool. Good way to rep "historical pride".
    I've thought about if I should get mine somewhere less obvious, but screw it. If I'm gonna do it, might as well go all out.

#3 angeluscrzy, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
  4. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was thinking about getting three small dots of pink/purple/blue but I'm not sure whether it should be the right way facing me or the right way facing others. I'd get it where my wrist is so I can cover it with my watch for teaching (they don't really like teachers having tattoos unless it's cover able).

5. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like one but I'm not sure what I'd get as I prefer black and grey tattoos. Plus I'm not sure how much space I'll have left for it with all the other tattoos I have planned.

6. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have several that I would love to get, however my wallet fails to support my ambitions. There is a logo from the inside of Danzig's 4th album that I've wanted as a back piece since the first time I saw it. Instead of their logo with the demon horns, in place of the horns is a guys arms outstretched in crucifix pose.

7. Liam0429

I don't have a pride tattoo yet, but I'm planning for my next one to be a pride one. I want to get the trans symbol along with the lyrics "the best revenge is just to stay alive" from one of my favorite musicals. I'm hoping to get it within the next few months.

8. Emilita

I'm planning on getting a semicolon on my wrist and considering getting a pink-purple-blue paint splatter background on it.

9. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think these are great. It feels like such a big step to display our acceptance of ourselves in such a permanent fashion.
    I've thought about possible negative reactions, but at this point it is just so much more important to do this as my own little affirmation.

#9 angeluscrzy, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017