1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voice.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by hayden373, May 27, 2017.

1. hayden373

Questions pretty simple and straightforward.

How do I manage to make my voice sound, y'know, female?
    Preferably without any kind of operations, because I'm not quite there yet.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    - Try speaking softer.

- Go onto youtube and type up an interview with your favorite female celebrity and try copying their speak patterns, pitch and body language.

- When you are around women try to match the way they are speaking and their pitch. People do this naturally when they are around others, especially for a long time, they will imitate each other, so it won't look weird if they notice what you're doing.

- If you want to raise the pitch, use a piano (a downloadable one for a smartphone would work) to match it. Although do this slowly, as you wouldn't want to damage the vocal chords altogether.

3. Zoneingout

Don't quote me but if i remember correctly i believe for a female you push your voice up to your chest and lighten the air.

4. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, no.
    Voice usually resonates in the throat and, additionally, in the chest and in the head (not just the head, but also in the sinuses, that are near the nose.) When people sing, they try to balance those resonances depending on the highness of the note. When people talk,males tend to resonate more in the chest and females more in the head because they make more "jumps" in the high zone of their voice.

5. anthracite

anthracite Guest

What Secrets said. The second thing that is discussed here is the head voice. Try singing some higher noted. You will feel your "head voice". The more practice you get, the likelier you can use it while speaking.