1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Concerned about coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Clinker, May 27, 2017.

1. Clinker

Clinker Guest

Hello everyone.
    I know there's probably a post on this somewhere or with various sources, but im at a bit of a predicament of sorts.

Before i go any further i must say this about myself. Im fairly quiet most of the time, and my body language tends to be rather stiff and robotic. But once im alone, i start becoming more shall we say, diva....? In other words, i become more confident in body language (confident hip, leg and bum movements, more sassy actions, shoulders back, etc) and can become more vocal than around others (talking to myself About x, y, z or even in more suductive tones to no one in particular, make of that what you will)

Now for the topic to start properly.

I feel im becoming more comfortable being bisexual (albiet with no true experience in any matter of love but thats a different matter) but im a little nervous about trying to start showing it infront of others and coming out to even my closest family.

Im not out to anyone, except as various online personalities as "Lion" and in terms of friends, i havnt got close close friends to tell with classified confidence (sorry guys).

As for family, if last nights emmadale commentary was anything to go by, they dont approve of BI and are a little on/off supporting of gays depending on the situation. EG "one or the other" "always emotional", however the support my cousin and always look forward to seeing the boys. when arguments break out about hygiene or tidying up or whatever, "youll never get a GIRLFRIEND if....." "any nice GIRLS at college?" You get the idea. Now they are supporting of various thing i do, but you see why im not sure if i can comeout yet.

I guess, in a nutshell, this post is asking, should i come out as my true self if im comfortable with who i am, or wait until i meet someone before dropping the bombshell, or what?

Lion

Ps: unrelated topic wise, but any info of meeting others when in the closet?

If you read this all, have a virtual cookie.

#1 Clinker, May 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2017
  2. Angus44

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    As a fellow closeted bisexual guy I can definitely relate to your struggle of whether or not to come out and to whom. In my opinion, if you are confident and comfortable with who you are, and you know it's safe, I see no reason not to come out. Good luck :slight_smile:
    -Gus

Clinker likes this.
  3. Kronux

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't sound like your family would kick you out because of your sexuality. Before I was out, they sometimes made some side marks about homosexuals, not knowing that it would make me questioning their supportiveness, but in the end, since they realized I am the one who isn't heterosexual, they stopped doing it and were super supportive. They'd always ask me about boys and would tell me to marry a boy but now they are totally fine with whatever gender I am dating.
    They may take it a little bit weird at the beginning, because it seems like they are not expecting to have a queer family member, so don't except them to be like "I always knew it", especially since you seem to act differently when you are alone.
    You can do it! :slight_smile:

Fishtail and Clinker like this.