1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm scared

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chloe123, May 26, 2017.

1. Chloe123

Chloe123 Guest

Hi. I just need to get some things off my chest. Just bear with me.

As you can see from the title I'm scared. I'm scared of coming out. I'm cared of not living the life I want, I'm scared of being forced back into the closet for the rest of my life because of who other people want me to be.
    I'm scared that one day I'll be on my deathbed wondering why I didn't do the things I should have. Why I didn't live my life the way I wanted to instead of the way other people want me to.

I keep having the feeling that I just can't be transgender. Because my parents will reject me. Because my friends will distance from me. Because I will never live the life I was set out to live from the moment I was born for the sole reason that my father did. And his father did. And his father. And his father.

I just need to get it off my chest. I can't be the husband my parents want me to make a wife. I can't be the brother to my sister. I can't be the son to my father.

That's it. Bye for now.

2. intrinsecus

I know how you feel, I don't know how to solve it, because I feel the same way. But if you ever need someone to talk to, I am here.

Hey, just noticed your name is Samantha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Snap.

#2 intrinsecus, May 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  3. Raydar0110

Hi, I have simmilar feelings about being gay. Even now I have come out I would love to have the common family life and on some level I hate myself for it. But on the other hand I think that if I did have that life I wouldnt be satisfied. Thinking about it , that life isnt what was intended for me. I dont believe in fate or a grand plan but I think that eventually everything will work out in the end.

The way you feel cant be changed and if your friends become distant from it then they are not good friends and you diserve better.

As for your parents, deppending on their views, you may want to tell them last. Having people you can talk to after you tell them is important as emotions will overpower you no matter their reaction, good or bad.

Hope this helps.

4. Chloe123

Chloe123 Guest

Thanks. I guess we have some things in common then.
    I sent you a friend request btw

---------- Post added 27th May 2017 at 09:49 AM ----------

Thank you. It really does help. It just gets to you sometimes. I guess I just needed to get some things off my chest.
    Anyway, thanks again