1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out as bi but now I'm not sure.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Lunaa, May 24, 2017.

1. Lunaa

Hi! I'm in my mid teens and have been questioning my sexuality for about 2 years. Recently (less than a month ago), I came out to three of my close friends as bisexual. They were very supportive of it, which I'm thankful for, but since then I've kind of started questioning again.

Compared to other people my age, I don't get crushes as often, and I haven't dated anyone - you could say I'm kind of a late bloomer sexually. The crushes I have had have mostly been on boys, but I believe I would also be happy to be in a relationship with a girl. And when I am ready in the future to have sex, I feel like the right person could be of either gender. When I came out to my friends, I felt pretty sure about it all.

However, lately, I don't know. I haven't had big crushes on girls the way I have on boys, and I haven't dated anyone. I know some people don't need experience to be sure of their sexuality, but I feel like I need something more concrete so I can be sure. I'm afraid to come out to more people when I'm no longer sure myself that I'm bi - what if it is actually just a phase? I want people to take me seriously about my identity. And I don't know if I'm questioning again because I've actually been straight this whole time, or if coming out just made me panic. Uggghhh. :bang:

I am pretty young, and maybe I just need more time to figure it all out. But if anyone has gone through something similar - coming out and then immediately starting to have second thoughts - it would be awesome if you could reply! Thanks!! (I'm sure there are things I've missed, but I hope this is enough.)

2. Kronux

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so first of all don't stress about it, like you already said it probably takes a bit of time to figure it out.
    You actually might just wait to get some experience, maybe try kissing a girl once, and compare it how it feels on kissing a boy.
    I haven't been in the same situation, but I guess in a quite similar one. I had this crush on a girl and I was totally sure that I'm at least bisexual, if not a lesbian. But when this crush went away I started questioning again, because I had a thing with a boy and didn't crush on girls. At that time, there were just less girls that I was attracted to than boys, because I really like androgynous women whom I didn't see that often.
    At the same time, it scared me that being out is something "life-long" and that I, when I'm out, have made a "decision" which is irreversible and everybody will see me like this "queer girl" which I was kinda afraid of. I needed time to accept who I am, even though I already kinda knew it.
    It's possible that you are bisexual but just more attracted to boys than girls. Just take yourself some time to figure it out, but don't pressure yourself on finding a lable. Maybe you are just sexually attracted to girls and romantically to boys?
    You don't need a lable!

3. Lunaa

Thanks! I do sometimes feel pressure to pick a label, especially since I have friends that are very sure of their sexual identities, but I think I need a little more time to go with the flow and figure it out.