1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friendship advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by wanderinq, May 22, 2017.

1. wanderinq

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a friend, we're both pretty open that we're not straight (I think she identifies as bisexual. I'm questioning, but I definitely am attracted to girls). We're both very touchy-feely people, and we'll often hug or hold hands. It's always been a platonic relationship (Although I have a huge crush on her, but she doesn't know haha). When we're at school together though, we'll get a lot of weird looks. It's really been bothering me. Should we stop being so touchy with each other? I don't know if it's a weird thing, it's always seemed normal to me.

2. Najlen

I think it's normal. I've always been like that with my friends, male, female, and other. If the weird looks really bother you or if you get threats of bullying, it might be better to only do those things when you're alone or with other friends. Most people at my school hold hands with their friends though, so it's considered really normal and I might not have the best perspective. Really I think you should do it if you want to, it seems silly to me that people would care. If you can ignore them that would probably be the best thing to do unless you start getting more unwanted attention because of it.

3. wanderinq

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you, you're right.

4. Altruistic blue

Im in a very similar case as yours, and I was wondering if you desired actually pursuing a relationship with your friend. Or do you value the friendship more than your romantic feelings for her? Also, do you think she may like you back? And if she does, would that influence your decision to pursue it?

Sorry if i am asking too much, I am really just trying to gain perspective for my own personal situation

5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people consider touchy-feely behaviors to be strictly a romantic thing and others don't. It's up to the people involved, though people who don't view it the same way are still going to question it. Just a part of others' views.