1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there other trans people who are not unhappy with periods?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Zoneingout, May 20, 2017.

1. Zoneingout

Being transgender I have always wondered why it is that I've never had dysphoria over my periods it always seems like other people or very distressed over having them but it's not common for me to see someone who is transgender like me saying they don't care but they have them or that it's never bothered them. So I've wanted to ask for a while if there has been any one here who has ever felt like having a period never actually bothering them and why? I know for me personally I feel like it's because all I see is blood I see it as something my body does but I don't see the internal organs and as long as I'm not thinking about the reason why then I'm not really dysphoric about it. Although I don't have them anymore because I'm on testosterone and they're pretty much long gone I have always wondered if there was any others like me and on the second half I sometimes wonder is it possible that my way of thinking about it could help someone else who has dysphoria with periods but I have come to the conclusion that is probably not possible that the way I think could help someone or maybe it is but I highly doubt it because I guess it's hard to think in that mindset when you're just upset.

#1 Zoneingout, May 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2017
  2. Cailan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm annoyed by it, especially the heavy, heavy periods that accompany perimenopause, but not dysphoric about it. Probably the same level of annoyance as a typical cis woman. I'm not dysphoric about my female parts at all. My only dysphoria is the lack of a penis, which I feel like I should have ALSO, not instead of.

3. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine comes like, every month and a half to 2 months and lasts like, 3 days. The flow isn't very heavy either so it never bothered me. I'm almost 2 months on T now though... Might be done with it since it hasn't come yet

4. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was never that bothered by periods but mine were super easy. No cramps, very regular, light flow. Yet I am highly dysphoric about reproduction and associated organs in general. And I was very private about menstration before. I would be humiliated buying tampons and I would never want anyone to talk about it or know if I was on my period. And I definitely think I would find it upsetting now that I've been on T for a while.

#4 Rickystarr, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
  5. SomeUsername

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I usually feel strong anxiety talking about periods but I'm not super bothered by them. I guess I tend to be more bothered by the physically female parts of me that are visible to others.