1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM and Swimming

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by randomconnorcon, May 18, 2017.

1. randomconnorcon

I know there have been a couple of threads in the past on this topic, but I can't seem to find them...

I want to get back into swimming. I'm not the strongest swimmer, I hated it as a kid because I couldn't stand the costumes and being watched. But years of holidays have helped with tolerating full piece costumes and I'm not a kid taking lessons anymore, so neither of these things bother me so much now. But I would prefer to feel a little more comfortable while swimming, so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for swimwear I might be able to wear with a pair of shorts without having to spend a whole lot of money (and where I could find them).

Thanks for any help.

#1 randomconnorcon, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
  2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
  3. Najlen

There's a place that makes binders specifically for swimming. It's called Flavnt, they have binders in a variety of skin tones, though they aren't the cheapest. I think Underworks might have some swim binders as well. Otherwise swim shirts are good. They're comfortable and fairly cheap, and most of them block UV, so that's an added bonus.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are binders made just for swimming or you can wear a rash guard over whatever binder you have to protect it from any chlorine you might come in contact with.

5. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a few places that sell swim binders (Flavnt, Outplay, you can even get a GC2B binder in a larger size than what you'd normally wear to use for swimming (with a rash guard over top)).

7. Zoneingout

you can always wear your binder into the water I used to not like this idea but I started to do it because I was not going to wear a suit that looks like a diving suit and be pointed out by millions of people. but if you wear your binder or have a binder and wear it into the water don't do it for long because it will hurt it's not recommended it's definitely not safe and I won't make it seem like it is although there are other options you could go to underworks and purchase the binder that looks like a diving suit if that's how you roll that is fine. Although you could also wear a couple sports bras but depending on how big everything is it's very possible it won't do much it can be a pain in the summertime but sometimes you just gotta if you have nothing else

8. SchizoBurrito13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Usually, I end up wearing a girl's one piece, guy's swim trunks, and a big t-shirt

9. randomconnorcon

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

---

A bit of added info, in case anyone else replies. I don't bind; the binder I got a year ago is a little too small now, maybe I'll get one in a larger size or maybe I'll continue to lose weight and it'll fit right. But I'm not a fan of binding in general, it makes me feel worse because my brain is unhelpful and always tells me that binding is something I wasn't supposed to do as a guy. So I'm just looking for ways to feel comfortable swimming, rather than looking flat and/or trying to pass while swimming.

Thank you everyone who's replied so far. I know this is my first response since posting, but I have been reading all your comments and I really appreciate your suggestions.