1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting away with not binding

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Sebby45, May 17, 2017.

1. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, this may sound a bit ridiculous, but I am getting fed up with binding. Sure, it helps when I am particularly dysphoric, but the material is way too annoying. I have the correct size binders but the fabric chafes constantly. I have tried underworks (tank and compression bra) and a gc2b half binder (really annoying seam at the bottom!!!) Maybe I just have sensitive skin...

I have put up with this for years and I'm coming to the end of my painful tether. Does anyone have suggestions on getting away with not binding with a binder? I've tried the camisole, sports bra, and pantyhose tricks before to no success.

Any other ideas would be brilliant. I can't hide under a hoodie all summer. *melt*

Sebby45

#1 Sebby45, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could try wearing a tank top under the binder to stop the binder from chafing. Otherwise I'm not too sure, you already mentioned all the other methods I was going to say.

3. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I think I'm pretty much out of options here. Dang sensory issues! If only I could just wake up with a flat chest. That would be nice.

4. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dark colors and layering do help, but depending on your size, it can only do so much.

5. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What kind of under Works binder do you have? Some of their's chafe horribly and others don't. I have a white one that literally leaves red lines on my skin and a black full length one that is very comfy.

6. Najlen

I can't stand them either, after a while I couldn't do it anymore and I stopped wearing mine. I've found that regular t-shirts with the sleeves cut off help it seem like you have a more masculine silhouette. I'm pretty small chested, so I can get away with not wearing a binder and dressing normally but otherwise layering helps. There's something you can get called a Frog Bra, too, that's supposed to compress really well and is more comfortable than binding. I think they're about 20 dollars.

7. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're reasonably small chested then you could try KT tape. I use it for a day or two when my binder becomes extremely painful. Be mindful that it can damage your chest and affect top surgery results in the future though.

8. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate to interject on someone else's thread, but are all the ideas here applicable to me for occasional binding, as well? I don't even know my cup size cause i've worn sports bras for years cause i think they fit better and are more comfortable. My go to bra is this fruit of the loom one - the site description calls it a shirred front tank racerback sports bra. I literally only wear these now in the 36. What sort of binder or binding ideas would work for me?

9. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Extreme MagiCotton Sports and Binding Bra. Mens Compression & Womens Shapewear: Girdles,Maternity,Post-Surgery | Underworks Horrible chafing, red marks, bad material.

Cotton Concealer Chest Binder. Mens Compression & Womens Shapewear: Girdles,Maternity,Post-Surgery | Underworks Material was better, but it rolled like crazy. Just couldn't fit over my hips. Tried to alter it, but lost some compression, and still rolls.

https://www.gc2b.co/collections/gc2b-all-nude/products/nude-no-5 Material is overall better, but the bottom seam chafes and scratches like crazy, also tries to roll. Not a fan of the half binder.

Overall, I am tired of being chafed to death. I think I am going to try layering and see how far I can get with that, at least for now, or until I have the finances to try another binder.

Sebby45

10. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a nike pro medium support bra, but I use it for sports and that was its purpose to begin with. It does compress down a size or two, and doesn't sweat, and is comfortable. Of course everything goes down to what works with your body shape...

When it comes to layering. Waistcoats are good for layering. And pockets distract, such as on kilitary style things or jeans things. Shirt over a tshirt is good too.

11. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks emerry. :slight_smile: